Senior Analyst, Analytics
Data, and how they are used, play a central role at Brightcove and are at the heart of how we make business, product, marketing, and operational decisions. Our centralized Data organization (Analytics, Data Science, and Data Engineering) is a specialized, cross-functional group that collaborates with a variety of departments to drive decisions and provide direction for future growth at Brightcove. The team tackles challenging problems across many technical disciplines, including time series forecasting, causal inference, and optimization. We are looking for an exceptional Sr. Data Analyst with a proven track record of conducting deep analysis and experimentation to help explain trends and identify opportunities as well as applying advanced quantitative techniques to solve business problems. The ideal candidate is also an expert at synthesizing and communicating insights and actionable recommendations to audiences at varying levels of technical sophistication.
- Own end-to-end data analysis experience -- gather business requirements, formulate and test hypotheses, conduct data analysis, apply statistical modeling techniques, develop visualization/dashboards, communicate and present findings and actionable insights to business stakeholders and non-technical audiences.
- Partner with various departments (e.g. Product, Finance, Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, etc.) to define core metrics; to measure impact and effectiveness of features and business processes; to optimize impact and conversion efficiencies; to identify opportunities, assess risk potentials and explain trends; to drive audience and revenue growth
- Design, analyze, and conduct both simulated and live experiments (A/B and multivariate tests) to drive KPI improvement and evaluate conversion and monetization efforts
- Apply strong business judgment to data analysis and make and defend meaningful conclusions and recommendations
- Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting, visualization, and other tools to deliver business insights and to show business health
- Continuously improve the quality and accessibility of our analytical framework and data reporting infrastructure
- Assist in data requirements gathering and data validations to improve data platforms
- Efficiently manage his/her own project queue and develop streamlined workflows
- BA/BS degree in a related quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Physics). Advanced degree preferred.
- 4+ years of relevant working experience in a similar role, preferably for online content, video, subscription or e-commerce/enterprise property/platform
- Proficient in SQL with the ability to write structured and efficient queries on large data sets (e.g. Redshift, BigQuery, PostgreSQL, BigQuery, Impala/Hadoop) and programming/scripting language (e.g. Python, R)
- Skilled with business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker) and web analytics tools (e.g. Amplitude, Google Analytics)
- Expertise with statistical analyses, application, and concepts (e.g. regressions, experiment design, classification etc.)
- Strategically-minded yet strong detail-orientation with a penchant for data accuracy
- Proven ability to solve problems, learn quickly, work independently, and adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Exemplary relationship builder who is consultative in nature and form partnerships with coworkers and customers
Brightcove is a diverse, global team of smart, passionate people who are revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video. We’re hyped up about storytelling, and about helping organizations reach their audiences in bold and innovative ways. When video is done right, it can have a powerful and lasting effect. Hearts open. Minds change.
Since 2004, Brightcove has been supporting customers that are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and we have built a culture that values authenticity, individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration. This culture enables us to harness the incredible power of video and create an environment where you will want to grow, stay and thrive. Bottom line: We take our video seriously, and we take great pride in doing it as #oneteam.
WORKING AT BRIGHTCOVE
We strive to provide our employees with an environment where they can do their best work and be their best selves. This includes a focus on our employees’ work experience, actively creating a culture where inclusion and growth are at the center, and hiring, recognizing, promoting employees who are committed to living and breathing these same ideals.
While remote work arrangements are available for most positions we also offer hybrid or on-site working options in our Boston office, located in beautiful Fort Point harbor. Employees enjoy access to fully-stocked kitchens and social activities including: happy hours, trivia, ping pong tournaments, and events and celebrations of all kinds. You will have plenty of opportunities to meet your colleagues around the globe as we also celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including an Employee Action Committee, Women of Brightcove, Pride of Brightcove, Parents of Brightcove … and more!
At Brightcove, we believe that providing comprehensive and competitive compensation and benefits packages across the globe are essential to our employees. Base salary is just one component of Brightcove’s total rewards program. We offer a wide range of benefits and perks that may include bonus or commission, Brightcove stock, unlimited paid time off, 401(K) matching, health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), generous employer Health Savings Account (HSA) contributions, tuition reimbursement, 100% paid parental leave and more.