Senior Software Engineer
Join a small data engineering team building a big impact product. We’re looking for a great software engineer to help us design and implement software that turns terabytes of raw data into attractive and actionable business insights for global media and enterprise brands. You’ll have the opportunity to build the first versions of many parts of our data processing and microservice architecture and make a dramatic impact for some of the biggest brands in the world and their millions of viewers.
Technologies We’re Using
- Our web layer is primarily built with ReactJS.
- Our data pipeline leverages big data technologies like Presto, Spark, Python, SQL, and S3.
- Design and implement scalable and efficient enterprise-grade data processing and visualization solutions for multi-tenant web applications.
- Work on a highly collaborative, Seattle-based, agile team with skilled teammates.
- Develop and deploy solutions independently and as a leader on our team.
- Organize and collaborate across teams in Brightcove to scope and deliver new functionality.
- Produce high-quality, well-architected solutions with an upfront focus on testing and long-term support.
- Listen and communicate ideas effectively with respectful and responsive interactions.
- Adopt a team player approach by doing what needs to be done, cheering each other on, and celebrating success.
- 5+ years of experience in implementing a cloud-based application.
- Track record of deploying and managing AWS services such as ECS, Lambda, EMR, SNS, SQS, and CloudFormation templates.
- Ability to project manage and work within an agile, transformative environment.
- Positive attitude with excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- Experience working in a test-driven development, continuous integration, and continuous deployment engineering process.
- A growth mindset that values continuous learning for not only yourself, but also learning together with members of your team.
- Seattle strongly preferred.
Brightcove is a diverse, global team of smart, passionate people who are revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video. We’re hyped up about storytelling, and about helping organizations reach their audiences in bold and innovative ways. When video is done right, it can have a powerful and lasting effect. Hearts open. Minds change.
Since 2004, Brightcove has been supporting customers that are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and we have built a culture that values authenticity, individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration. This culture enables us to harness the incredible power of video and create an environment where you will want to grow, stay and thrive. Bottom line: We take our video seriously, and we take great pride in doing it as #oneteam.
WORKING AT BRIGHTCOVE
We strive to provide our employees with an environment where they can do their best work and be their best selves. This includes a focus on our employees’ work experience, actively creating a culture where inclusion and growth are at the center, and hiring, recognizing, promoting employees who are committed to living and breathing these same ideals. We value collaboration, creativity, work/life balance, professional growth and creating an empowering space for open communication. Whether you’re in one of our offices around the world or working remotely you have plenty of opportunities to meet colleagues and celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including an Employee Action Committee, Women of Brightcove, Pride of Brightcove, Parents of Brightcove … and more to come!
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the company’s success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as generous PTO - and we expect you to use it!
At Brightcove, we believe that providing comprehensive and competitive compensation and benefits packages across the globe are essential to our employees. Base salary is just one component of Brightcove’s total rewards program. We offer a wide range of benefits and perks that may include bonus or commission, Brightcove stock, unlimited paid time off, 401(K) matching, health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), generous employer Health Savings Account (HSA) contributions, tuition reimbursement, 100% paid parental leave and more.