Our professional services team, Brightcove Strategic Solutions & Services, provides consulting and delivery services to guide some of the best known companies in the world through their OTT journeys and we're expanding. If you have a strong consulting and professional services background, a passion for working on high-functioning teams, a keen sense of creativity and a willingness to help our clients achieve their business goals through video technology, we'd love to talk.
Brightcove’s Strategic Solutions & Services team is not a typical professional services organization, but is Brightcove’s full-service agency for our clients. The team augments our platform and product by building custom video-centric web, mobile, and OTT solutions for a variety of customers across the globe. Our mission is to offer services that maximize customer KPIs in the video space leveraging their content. Our solutions often involve multiple products and services including Brightcove Beacon (OTT Platform), cloud-based services, Content Management System (CMS), Digital Right Management (DRM), Analytics services, Advertising services, subscription and monetization services. We have a team of smart individuals who are passionate about solving complex and interesting problems for our clients and who are driven to ensure those clients are successful.
- Collaborate with project managers, user experience leads, QA leads and technical leads to analyze customer needs and business requirements.
- Design and implement features using iOS, tvOS, Brightcove, partner and other third party SDKs.
- Integrate with RESTful and GraphQL APIs using well known SDKs/libraries.
- Provide guidance on monetizing content with iOS and tvOS best practices.
- Collaborate with other team members, participating in Scrum meetings, design discussions and team code reviews.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience developing and supporting iOS applications.
- 1+ years of hands-on experience developing and supporting tvOS applications.
- 2+ years of experience consulting with customers/clients on their app journeys to achieve business goals.
- 2+ years working with Swift (preferably including 5.0+) and Xcode.
- A solid understanding of the Apple monetization ecosystem including subscriptions and Apple Pay.
- A solid understanding of speech and search frameworks in the Apple ecosystems to improve user experience and engagement.
- Strong experience with debugging tools.
- Strong knowledge of iOS and tvOS UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Sharp analytical abilities, proven design skills, excellent communication skills.
- Intimate experience with several iOS and tvOS SDKs such as UIKit, Core Animation, AVFoundation & Core Graphics.
- Experience using non-Apple libraries, e.g. AlamoFire, Moya, RxSwift, Realm or other open source libraries.
- Experience writing multi-threaded/asynchronous code; solid understanding of threading in iOS applications.
- Familiarity with cloud development environments, including API design and integration.
- Familiarity with code written in Objective C.
- Understanding of continuous integration process and unit testing.
- Comfortable using git as source control.
- Experience working with React Native is a plus.
- Experience working with smart TV frameworks such as Samsung (Tizen), LG (webOS) is a plus.
- Experience working with Chromecast is a plus.
Brightcove is a team of smart, passionate people who are revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video. We’re hyped up about storytelling, and about helping people connect, share experiences, and view the world. Bottom line: video is the world’s most compelling, exciting medium, and Brightcove exists to demonstrate that video means business.
As the industry leader in this space, we empower our customers to deliver top-notch video experiences to audiences on every screen in bold and innovative ways. When video is done right, it can have a powerful and lasting effect. Hearts open. Minds change. Creativity thrives. Since 2004, Brightcove has been supporting customers that are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and passions and we have built a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration. This culture enables us to develop technologies once thought impossible, provide customer support without parallel or excuses, and leverage the expertise and resources of a global infrastructure. We take our video seriously, and we take great pride in doing it as one team.
WORKING AT BRIGHTCOVE
We strive to provide our employees with an environment where they can do their best work and be their best selves. This includes a focus on our employees’ work experience, actively creating a culture where inclusion and growth are at the center, and hiring, recognizing, promoting employees who are committed to living and breathing these same ideals.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements: whether you work in our Chennai, India office or remotely, we have plenty of opportunities to meet your colleagues around the globe and we also celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including an Employee Action Committee, Women of Brightcove, Pride of Brightcove, Parents of Brightcove … and more to come!