Staff Analytics Implementation Engineer
Data, and how they are used, play a central role at Brightcove and are at the heart of how we make business, product, marketing, and operational decisions. Our centralized Data organization (Analytics, Data Science, and Data Engineering) is a specialized, cross-functional group that collaborates with a variety of departments to drive decisions and provide direction for future growth at Brightcove. We are looking for an exceptional Staff Analytics Implementation Engineer whose work will enable and power data-driven initiatives across the company. The ideal candidate for this role requires someone with the ability to develop, standardize, implement, and validate our measurement practice across platforms.
- Translate business questions from stakeholders into detailed tracking implementation specifications across new and existing platforms and devices
- Ensure and validate that all product and features have accurate measurement and that the data is populated in reports as expected (reports can be built in-house via Tableau)
- Partner with multiple stakeholders to develop and execute appropriate measurement plan and tagging strategy to satisfy analytics use cases
- Develop documentation of use cases, tracking specs and QA results and best practices
- Establish governance, best practice operational and ad-hoc processes for data capture changes
- Participate with product and engineering in sprint planning and bug triage efforts
- Perform QA and sign-off on new or updated analytics implementations
- Mentor and train team members and cross-functional partners
- Bachelor’s degree in a related quantitative field. Advanced degree preferred.
- 7+ years of relevant working experience in a similar role, ideally working within video or media domain
- Deep understanding of how analytics data are instrumented, extracted, and used in reporting
- Track record of successful delivery of measurement solutions for large scale consumer or enterprise companies
- Track record for setting data governance and best practices
- Strong proficiency with Tableau
- Strategically-minded yet strong detail-orientation with a penchant for data accuracy
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication and presentation skills at all levels of the organization with varying technical backgrounds
- Agile experience and familiarity with JIRA and Confluence.
- Exemplary relationship builder who is consultative in nature and form partnerships with coworkers and customers
Brightcove is a diverse, global team of smart, passionate people who are revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video. We’re hyped up about storytelling, and about helping organizations reach their audiences in bold and innovative ways. When video is done right, it can have a powerful and lasting effect. Hearts open. Minds change.
Since 2004, Brightcove has been supporting customers that are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and we have built a culture that values authenticity, individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration. This culture enables us to harness the incredible power of video and create an environment where you will want to grow, stay and thrive. Bottom line: We take our video seriously, and we take great pride in doing it as #oneteam.
WORKING AT BRIGHTCOVE
We strive to provide our employees with an environment where they can do their best work and be their best selves. This includes a focus on our employees’ work experience, actively creating a culture where inclusion and growth are at the center, and hiring, recognizing, promoting employees who are committed to living and breathing these same ideals.
While remote work arrangements are available for most positions we also offer hybrid or on-site working options in our Boston office, located in beautiful Fort Point harbor. Employees enjoy access to fully-stocked kitchens and social activities including: happy hours, trivia, ping pong tournaments, and events and celebrations of all kinds. You will have plenty of opportunities to meet your colleagues around the globe as we also celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including an Employee Action Committee, Women of Brightcove, Pride of Brightcove, Parents of Brightcove … and more!
At Brightcove, we believe that providing comprehensive and competitive compensation and benefits packages across the globe are essential to our employees. Base salary is just one component of Brightcove’s total rewards program. We offer a wide range of benefits and perks that may include bonus or commission, Brightcove stock, unlimited paid time off, 401(K) matching, health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), generous employer Health Savings Account (HSA) contributions, tuition reimbursement, 100% paid parental leave and more.