Senior Business Development Representative
Brightcove is looking for an exceptional person to join our Business Development team. This team is responsible for feeding the sales pipeline by identifying and developing new sales leads for the Field Sales teams. The ideal Business Development Representative candidate will become an expert in generating, prospecting and qualifying leads, some of the most important components of the sales process. This role is an excellent opportunity to prove yourself in a fast-paced sales environment in a growing SaaS company with an enormous opportunity for career growth.
- Create new business opportunities by establishing and delivering on the strategy for your region.
- Run a busy outbound pipeline of leads and provide top class customer experience.
- Use innovative prospecting through multiple sources into both existing accounts and new groups. (35-40%)
- Generate high-value pipeline through both strategic and targeted prospecting into start-ups, mid-market and unicorns, media, or enterprise businesses. (5-10%)
- Creatively and actively source new leads through the use of social tools. (2-5%)
- Identify high potential prospects and transition them to the appropriate sales team (50-60%)
- Motivated to overachieve on targets and metrics.
- Represent the face of the brand, 100% focused on building an outstanding customer experience.
- Develop and maintain current and working knowledge of Brightcove’s products/services and competitive differences
- Ability to articulate the customer use case and customer needs
- 2+ years of experience working directly with internal or external customers and a minimum of 6 months of experience in a Sales related environment.
- Customer centric personality, drive to deliver
- Strong phone presence and written communication skills
- Experience working with Salesforce.com or similar CRM
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Must be highly self-motivated, curious, professional, detail-oriented, organized and flexible
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as individually
- Positive attitude with the desire to work in a rapid-growth, entrepreneurial environment
- Fluency in English is required for this role
- This is a quota-carrying role
Brightcove is a team of smart, passionate people who are revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video. We’re hyped up about storytelling, and about helping people connect, share experiences, and view the world. Bottom line: video is the world’s most compelling, exciting medium, and Brightcove exists to demonstrate that video means business.
As the industry leader in this space, we empower our customers to deliver top-notch video experiences to audiences on every screen in bold and innovative ways. When video is done right, it can have a powerful and lasting effect. Hearts open. Minds change. Creativity thrives. Since 2004, Brightcove has been supporting customers that are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and passions and we have built a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration. This culture enables us to develop technologies once thought impossible, provide customer support without parallel or excuses, and leverage the expertise and resources of a global infrastructure. We take our video seriously, and we take great pride in doing it as one team.
WORKING AT BRIGHTCOVE
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the company’s success. We offer competitive benefits, compensation packages and employees enjoy access to fully-stocked kitchens and social activities in any of our 14 offices globally.
Something looks off?