Senior Advocacy Marketing Manager
As the Senior Advocacy Marketing Manager at Brightcove, you will provide critical support, management, and measurement of existing and new customer advocacy and engagement programs that positively impact Brightcove’s business objectives.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Customer Marketing, you will be responsible for managing various advocacy programs such as Peer Review Sites, Customer Testimonials/Stories and references, and webinars.
On this small and mighty team, along with your colleagues, you will be required to manage projects and initiatives and also roll up your sleeves to contribute to a range of community and advocacy program responsibilities, including;
Customer Stories and References: Managing the overall customer story process, including the nomination process, coordinating a centralized location, understanding when customers churn and need to be removed. Work with product marketing and the content team to tell the stories. Develop a strategy around tracking and managing customer references. Work with legal to understand naming rights.
Peer Review Sites: Manage key peer review sites and keep them updated. Incent customers to add new reviews. Monitor and respond to negative reviews.
Customer Webinars: help define the strategy for customer webinars and help with promotion, coordinate speakers and content. Report out on results and track customer engagement.
- Manage and own the overall customer story process, including the nomination process, coordinating a centralized location, and understanding when customers churn and need to be removed. Work with product marketing and the content team to tell the stories.
- Manage key peer review sites and keep them updated. Incent customers to add new reviews.
- Monitor and respond to negative reviews.
- Develop strategies to increase user engagement: amplifying the voice of the customer in the community and leveraging the community to gain insights and improvements for our engagement programs, products, support, campaigns, etc.
- Help define the strategy for customer webinars and help with promotion, coordinate speakers and content.
- Monitor, track, and report on user engagement and feedback.
- Answer customer questions directly and strategically leverage Brightcove teammates to provide subject matter expertise and content contributions.
- Work with the Customer Marketing team to monitor, measure, and track the impact and ROI of community and advocacy initiatives.
- Be an advocate for the customer experience, championing content, programs, and innovation that constantly improves their Brightcove experience.
- Support the growth of our Advocacy and Voice of the Customer Programs in partnership cross-functional collaboration partners.
- 5+ years of experience scaling customer advocacy programs or comparable experiences.
- Demonstrated experience and effectiveness in communication skills, including writing, speaking, and the presentation of instruction, content, data, and analysis in English.
- Strong analytical skills—you are enthusiastic about data and developing insights to inform customer experience strategy and execution.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to independently manage your work and multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent time management skills and a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Exceptionally well organized, focused, and self-motivated to complete assigned tasks, anticipate the next step without direction, and exceed expectations.
- Experience in business-to-business technology, product development, marketing, support, learning, or customer success.
- Experience with community platforms; Salesforce Experience Cloud or similar,
- Experience with managing review sites such as G2, Trust Radius, etc
- Experience managing cross-functional programs and initiatives, with proven success bringing different teams with diverse expertise and perspectives together to successfully develop and implement business solutions.
- Experience with analyzing and interpreting customer engagement data to influence stakeholder decision-making.
- Familiarity with the landscape of software/video companies preferred.
Brightcove is a diverse, global team of smart, passionate people who are revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video. We’re hyped up about storytelling, and about helping organizations reach their audiences in bold and innovative ways. When video is done right, it can have a powerful and lasting effect. Hearts open. Minds change.
Since 2004, Brightcove has been supporting customers that are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and we have built a culture that values authenticity, individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration. This culture enables us to harness the incredible power of video and create an environment where you will want to grow, stay and thrive. Bottom line: We take our video seriously, and we take great pride in doing it as #oneteam.
WORKING AT BRIGHTCOVE
We strive to provide our employees with an environment where they can do their best work and be their best selves. This includes a focus on our employees’ work experience, actively creating a culture where inclusion and growth are at the center, and hiring, recognizing, promoting employees who are committed to living and breathing these same ideals. We value collaboration, creativity, work/life balance, professional growth and creating an empowering space for open communication. Whether you’re in one of our offices around the world or working remotely you have plenty of opportunities to meet colleagues from around the world and celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including an Employee Action Committee, Women of Brightcove, Pride of Brightcove, Parents of Brightcove … and more to come!
The base salary range listed is across locations in the US. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to an applicant's experience, specialized skills, internal alignment and an applicant's work location.
At Brightcove, we believe that providing comprehensive and competitive compensation and benefits packages across the globe are essential to our employees. Base salary is just one component of Brightcove’s total rewards program. We offer a wide range of benefits and perks that may include bonus or commission, Brightcove stock, unlimited paid time off, 401(K) matching, generous employer Health Savings Account (HSA) contributions, tuition reimbursement, 100% paid parental leave and more.
Something looks off?