Senior Sales Director, Media/Commercial
We are searching for an exceptional and experienced person to take a senior position in our New Business Sales team. You should be passionate about technology and capable of taking a leading role in identifying, developing and building relationships with target customers in the Media and Entertainment vertical.
You must have a proven track record for delivering on or exceeding revenue goals, ideally from within the enterprise SaaS platform sales industry, be confident working on large and strategic deals with a value of $500K - $2m+. You’ll be capable of identifying strategic deals with a key set of target accounts and used to working with senior professionals in the industry into which they are selling. You will be experienced in managing complex deals with multiple stakeholders and, in some cases partners, in order to deliver high value and high profile new logo customers.
- Create, implement and own a sales pipeline to manage customer lead intake, outbound activity, prioritization and metrics for measurement of deal status
- Build a strategic plan for target accounts to ensure a focus on high value deals
- Meet or exceed sales goals each quarter
- Continuously develop an extensive set of relationships at C-level, VP and Director-levels across companies and across industry categories
- Create & articulate compelling value propositions around the use of the Brightcove platform
- Leverage a virtual territory team to execute against sales goals
- Prepare deal overviews and contract summaries for key stakeholders
- Extensive experience in sales/business development, ideally for a leading software or enterprise platform sales company, with experience in enterprise relationships and selling into the vertical
- Possess a strong sales background that enables you to drive an engagement at the CXO level as well as with software developers and IT architects
- Domain expertise in ad-supported Media/Video use case
- Experience selling into media and/or entertainment accounts
- Must have a proven track record of successful six figure sales and exceeding revenue goals
- Drive territory growth through up-selling/cross selling existing customers
- Demonstrated ability to instigate, carry through and close deals
- Demonstrated ability to be creative and think outside the box in terms of deal structure and framework
- An ability to assess client needs effectively and address needs through new products and services
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- This is a quota-carrying role
- This role does involves domestic travel, up to 30%
As the industry leader in this space, we empower our customers to deliver top-notch video experiences to audiences on every screen in bold and innovative ways. When video is done right, it can have a powerful and lasting effect. Hearts open. Minds change. Creativity thrives. Since 2004, Brightcove has been supporting customers that are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and passions and we have built a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration. This culture enables us to develop technologies once thought impossible, provide customer support without parallel or excuses, and leverage the expertise and resources of a global infrastructure. We take our video seriously, and we take great pride in doing it as one team.
WORKING AT BRIGHTCOVE
We strive to provide our employees with an environment where they can do their best work and be their best selves. This includes a focus on our employees’ work experience, actively creating a culture where inclusion and growth are at the center, and hiring, recognizing, promoting employees who are committed to living and breathing these same ideals.
While remote work arrangements are available for most positions we also offer hybrid or on-site working options in our Central London office, a stone’s throw from the capital's thriving tech scene. London is home to Brightcove's growing EMEA hub, providing unparalleled access to scale, distribution and operational maturity while maintaining a small, agile and entrepreneurial culture. Our office is nestled between world-leading media companies, a vibrant food scene, and unrivaled shopping. You will have plenty of opportunities to meet your colleagues around the globe and we also celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including an Employee Action Committee, Women of Brightcove, Pride of Brightcove, Parents of Brightcove … and more to come!