Senior Internal Communications Manager
Brightcove is looking to hire a Senior Internal Communications Manager. The Senior Internal Communications Manager will partner across the business in the planning, development, and execution of Brightcove’s strategic internal communications for employees, executive engagement, and overall company messaging for executive leadership, human resources, recruiting, training and development initiatives that cross all Brightcove’s global regions.
- Manage and develop an internal communications strategy and execute programs that inform, connect, and engage employees.
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve/enhance messaging, communications channels, and content to deliver on internal communications objectives.
- Manage communication regarding employee messaging and HR initiatives/programs.
- Provide communication support to the executive team.
- Act as a strong collaborator and leader who can contribute to projects on both a conceptual and executional level.
- Concept and develop scalable content that strategically delivers on business objectives and humanizes the brand, creating emotional connections with our employees and customers.
- Plan the frequency and channels of communication, coordinating with marketing and human resources to align with key company initiatives and objectives.
- Analyze the effectiveness of internal communication programs and leverage experience, insight, and creativity to develop recommendations that continually improve the quality and effectiveness of employee communications.
- Internal event support as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, or related discipline highly preferred.
- 5+ years professional experience in corporate communications and/or employee communications.
- Experience partnering with a people function and a solid understanding of their internal comms needs.
- Exceptional writing skills with ability to educate and influence various audiences. Writing samples will be collected as part of the interview process for this position.
- Demonstrated expertise when communicating to and working with internal departments and senior executives to provide strategic counsel, clearly articulate ideas, successfully manage differing points of view and build positive relationships and rapport.
- Experience using technology that supports building, planning, and executing communications.
- Collaborative and a team builder, with strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Detail oriented to ensure the high quality of communications.
- Outstanding project management with proven ability to keep multiple projects on track simultaneously.
- Demonstrated effectiveness using data to communicate and inform decisions.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, prioritize and think strategically.
Brightcove is a diverse, global team of smart, passionate people who are revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video. We’re hyped up about storytelling, and about helping organizations reach their audiences in bold and innovative ways. When video is done right, it can have a powerful and lasting effect. Hearts open. Minds change.
Since 2004, Brightcove has been supporting customers that are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and we have built a culture that values authenticity, individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration. This culture enables us to harness the incredible power of video and create an environment where you will want to grow, stay and thrive. Bottom line: We take our video seriously, and we take great pride in doing it as #oneteam.
WORKING AT BRIGHTCOVE
We strive to provide our employees with an environment where they can do their best work and be their best selves. This includes a focus on our employees’ work experience, actively creating a culture where inclusion and growth are at the center, and hiring, recognizing, promoting employees who are committed to living and breathing these same ideals.
While remote work arrangements are available for most positions we also offer hybrid or on-site working options in our Boston office, located in beautiful Fort Point harbor. Employees enjoy access to fully-stocked kitchens and social activities including: happy hours, trivia, ping pong tournaments, and events and celebrations of all kinds. You will have plenty of opportunities to meet your colleagues around the globe as we also celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including an Employee Action Committee, Women of Brightcove, Pride of Brightcove, Parents of Brightcove … and more!
The base salary range listed is across locations in the US. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to an applicant's experience, specialized skills, internal alignment and an applicant's work location.
At Brightcove, we believe that providing comprehensive and competitive compensation and benefits packages across the globe are essential to our employees. Base salary is just one component of Brightcove’s total rewards program. We offer a wide range of benefits and perks that may include bonus or commission, Brightcove stock, unlimited paid time off, 401(K) matching, generous employer Health Savings Account (HSA) contributions, tuition reimbursement, 100% paid parental leave and more.
Something looks off?