UX Product Designer
**All candidates must provide an online portfolio or work samples.**
We’re seeking a User Experience Product Design expert with experience designing B2B Enterprise SaaS products. Candidates must be able to think in terms of the end-to-end user experience and create designs that are effective, engaging, and easy to use. In this role, you can apply what you know while learning new skills that fuel your passion, such as user research, interaction design, information architecture, visual design, usability testing, or multi-device design.
Bring the outside in by learning from customers and applying best practices:
- Create user personas and journeys, grounded in user data and the art of storytelling.
- Work across Brightcove to identify & recruit customers for research/validation.
- Plan, run and unpack customer sessions and/or validation tests.
- Actively apply best practices from external sources to improve our approaches.
Design for emotional user impact:
- Lead cross-functional teams through design strategy, and the definition of MVP with storyboards and story maps centered on solving the right problem.
- Help our customers engage their audiences by designing solutions that streamline their ability to source, curate, and deliver engaging content.
- Contribute to bringing our brand to life through the development & adoption of a design system.
- Lead the design for accessible solutions for international audiences.
Cross-functional leadership and collaboration:
- Define & manage design tasks for a team, including design estimates, skills, and dependencies.
- Actively provide feedback and mentorship to team members privately and in critiques.
- Recognize & resolve issues within your scope of work, report status & mitigate risks to stakeholders.
- Lead the creation & adoption of process improvements within and across teams.
- Ensure critiques take place and provide appropriate structure and guidance.
- 3+ years of Product Design experience; showcasing effective design solutions for Enterprise SaaS users.
- Ability to rapidly prototype and evaluate designs with customers.
- Positive attitude with the ability to build meaningful relationships and connections with colleagues and customers.
- User-centered design perspective and an understanding of design thinking.
- College degree in Human-Centered Design and/or Visual Design.
- Able to work independently, mentor & plan work for junior designers.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
These are the qualifications and experience we are targeting, but we also are excited to have an opportunity to teach you technologies and skills you've never used before. All we ask for is creativity and tenacity in solving the problems that we are tackling together.
Brightcove is a team of smart, passionate people who are revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video. We’re hyped up about storytelling, and about helping people connect, share experiences, and view the world. Bottom line: video is the world’s most compelling, exciting medium, and Brightcove exists to demonstrate that video means business.
As the industry leader in this space, we empower our customers to deliver top-notch video experiences to audiences on every screen in bold and innovative ways. When video is done right, it can have a powerful and lasting effect. Hearts open. Minds change. Creativity thrives. Since 2004, Brightcove has been supporting customers that are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and passions and we have built a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration. This culture enables us to develop technologies once thought impossible, provide customer support without parallel or excuses, and leverage the expertise and resources of a global infrastructure. We take our video seriously, and we take great pride in doing it as one team.
WORKING AT BRIGHTCOVE
We strive to provide our employees with an environment where they can do their best work and be their best selves. This includes a focus on our employees’ work experience, actively creating a culture where inclusion and growth are at the center, and hiring, recognizing, promoting employees who are committed to living and breathing these same ideals.
While remote work arrangements are available for most positions we also offer hybrid or on-site working options in our vibrant Guadalajara office located right in front of Andares shopping mall where employees enjoy access to fully-stocked kitchens, company events and social activities as well as an inspiring work environment. We are focused on creating a culture where inclusion and growth are at the center. We value collaboration, creativity, work/life balance, professional growth and providing an empowering space for open communication. You will have plenty of opportunities to meet your colleagues around the globe as we also celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including an Employee Action Committee, Women of Brightcove, Pride of Brightcove, Parents of Brightcove … and more to come!
Something looks off?