Manager, Learning Services
Brightcove is looking to hire a Manager, Learning Services. As a leader in the hot streaming video market, Brightcove is looking for a learning specialist to join our Product Design team. This role will focus primarily on the development of technical documentation, video tutorials, and in-app help. The ideal candidate will be someone with technical training experience who learns new technologies quickly and thinks in a task-oriented way. With a passion for people who work with digital video, you ensure our customer can find the app they need in the moment they need it - from onboarding cues, in-app help, full length documentation and video tutorials.
As a Manager, Learning Services for Brightcove, you’ll help and provide direction to the team in creating engaging and informative content to help our customers understand and use Brightcove's products. Your role will be to create impactful and educational content designed to help customers get acclimated to the Brightcove system faster and more effectively. Content will include technical documentation, video tutorials, and in-app help.
- Design and build world-class customer-facing learning content that will help new and existing customers receive more value out of their Brightcove subscription.
- Update existing content based on product updates and feedback from customers.
- Manage all aspects of the development cycle including needs analysis, implementation, review, and updates.
- Scope and prioritize content requests and drive projects to completion within agreed upon time-frames.
- Seek continuous improvement; willing to try new ideas to produce better content.
- Build and maintain solid cross-functional relationships.
- Collaborate with developers, product managers, and product marketing to ensure that learning content is accurate, relevant, effective, and aligned with corporate messaging and branding.
- Manage vendor relationships.
- Manage localization of documentation.
- 1+ years of experience coaching, mentoring, training and managing others.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Education, Technical Communication, Instructional Design, or a related field or equivalent experience preferred.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required; multilingual is a plus.
- Ability to learn to use and understand new technologies quickly.
- Ability to write documentation with a focus on user tasks.
- Creativity, self-motivation, eagerness to learn and excitement about working in a fast-paced organization.
- Attention to detail, excellent collaboration skills.
- Fluency in HTML and related web technologies.
- Familiarity with GitHub or similar git systems.
- Ability to script, shoot and edit short form video content for quick video tutorials is a plus.
- Technical training experience (in-person, online, and/or on-demand) is a plus.
- Familiarity with online video technology is a plus.
- Work Arrangement - Remote, Hybrid or On-site.
WORKING AT BRIGHTCOVE
We strive to provide our employees with an environment where they can do their best work and be their best selves. This includes a focus on our employees’ work experience, actively creating a culture where inclusion and growth are at the center, and hiring, recognizing, promoting employees who are committed to living and breathing these same ideals.
While remote work arrangements are available for most positions we also offer hybrid or on-site working options in our vibrant Guadalajara office located right in front of Andares shopping mall where employees enjoy access to fully-stocked kitchens, company events and social activities as well as an inspiring work environment. We are focused on creating a culture where inclusion and growth are at the center. We value collaboration, creativity, work/life balance, professional growth and providing a safe space for open communication. You will have plenty of opportunities to meet your colleagues around the globe as we also celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including an Employee Action Committee, Women of Brightcove, Pride of Brightcove, Parents of Brightcove … and more to come!
Something looks off?