Full-stack Engineer, WebEx
NOTICE: ONLINE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
LOCATION: KRAKÓW OR REMOTELY FROM POLAND
SALARY: 13 000 - 20 000 PLN gross/monthly
There are more than 300 million reasons to join Brainly — one for every student you’ll help go from questioning to understanding. Team up with us as we build and continue improving one of the most popular ed-tech products on the planet. In a world of questions and uncertainty, you can be part of the answer as we shape the future of learning and change lives, one student at a time. If this excites you, you know what to do next.
Let’s get to know each other. And get ready to make a difference!
Brainly is the world’s largest online community, uniting students, parents, and teachers in solving their academic problems and exchanging knowledge. Every month we are proud to be home to 300 million users. Besides delivering world-class educational products we’re a technology company at heart. We want to be the best educational platform in the world and are currently looking for a skilled Full-stack Engineer to help us to build our product to deliver this vision.
Within this team, you’ll work on the experience of students who use the web version of Brainly. You will work on implementing innovative technologies to provide personalized and efficient learning experience to our users. This includes conducting A/B testing and other experiments that will have an immediate impact on students who start off their learning process with a single question.
Are you a goal-driven team player? Do you like tackling new challenges using leading-edge industry tools? Can you adapt to rapidly changing conditions while learning and bettering yourself? If you answered yes to these questions, you might just be the perfect candidate for this role!
WHY ENGINEERING AT BRAINLY?
- Enjoy a great engineering culture — we regularly conduct code reviews and schedule time for writing tests.
- Have an impact on every stage of the project, including requirement discussions, design, implementation, and delivery.
- Always go beyond! Our collaborative environment creates room for everyone to learn, improve, and take our engineering to the next level.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Driving initiatives leading to better fit students' education needs.
- Working together with Designers, Product Manager and Data Analysts to identify the most suitable solutions for the problems of our users
- Designing, developing, and maintaining code for the Brainly platform to enhance the great learning experience for our users.
- Building solutions according to requirements, adhering to company standards, conventions, and best practices.
- Solving complex technical challenges such as performance, scalability, high reliability and security
- Collaborating with software engineers and other roles to design scalable services, plan feature roll-out, and ensure high reliability and performance of your deliverables.
- Conducting code reviews, contributing high-quality documentation and building robust test suites for your features.
- Maintaining existing systems by monitoring, troubleshooting, debugging and fixing software defects.
WHAT MAKES YOU THE PERFECT CANDIDATE
- 3+ years of professional experience as a Full-Stack engineer
- Strong proficiency in React or Angular
- Strong command of NodeJS
- Familiarity with design patterns and their application in solving real-world challenges.
- Adherence to code best practices, ensuring maintainable, readable, and efficient codebases.
- System design and problem solving
- Fluency in English (B2/C1 level)
Required Frontend experience:
- Strong proficiency in creating dynamic and responsive user interfaces.
- Experience with server-side rendering capabilities for enhanced performance.
- Solid understanding of client-side data storage strategies, both within the application (e.g react query) and the browser.
- Proficiency in styling using SCSS, modern CSS, and Tailwind, ensuring visually appealing designs.
Required Backend experience:
- Strong command of Node.js, enabling you to build robust and scalable backend services.
- Knowledge of REST API principles, designing and implementing endpoints for effective communication.
- Understanding of both SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Awareness of security best practices, implementing authentication and authorization mechanisms.
- Basic understanding of DevOps principles, including CI/CD pipelines and deployment strategies.
- High level of self-organization and ability to make your own decisions
- Team player with great communications skills, including cross-team collaboration.
- Autonomy in proposing technical solutions to presented business problems, and delivering them in collaboration within the team or outside of it.
- Drive to innovate in order to best answer the needs of the users.
WHAT WILL BLOW OUR MINDS
- Familiarity with AWS services such as RDS, DynamoDB, Cache, S3, and Secrets.
- Understanding of server-side rendering and hydration strategies, contributing to optimized user experiences.
- Knowledge of monorepos and their advantages in managing complex projects.
- Basic experience with WebSockets.
- Comfortable working within Dockerized environments, managing dependencies and deployments.
- Familiarity with Next.js and Express.
- Experience of working in an Agile methodology, also in remote setup.
- Past experience in data-driven organization, using metrics to take informed business and technological decisions.
WHAT YOU GET BY JOINING BRAINLY
- We want to see you grow along with us – you will have 800$ per year for personal development, extra time for attending conferences and workshops, and unlimited access to an online learning platform (courses from Coursera, Udacity, Udemy, Harvard ManageMentor, and many others!)
- Health is important, which is why at Brainly, we fully cover private health & dental care packages for you and your family and provide you with a sport card (Multisport Plus)
- You will also get an access to online individual psychological consultations with professionals in English & Polish via the Mental Health Helpline.
- Flexible working hours – working requires communication, so we work within the European business hours, but we also know that life may be unpredictable, so if you need to jump out of work (doctor’s appointment, emergency, anything) – no problem!
- Your personal concierge AskHenry will support you in your daily duties, eg. planning your dream vacation.
- You can join internal communities and contribute to charity, diversity and inclusion initiatives, take part in great internal events or represent Brainly at conferences or meet-ups.
- We also provide stock options.
WHAT IS BRAINLY
Brainly is a leading learning platform worldwide with the most extensive Knowledge Base for all school subjects and grades. Hundreds of millions of students, parents and educators rely on Brainly as the proven platform to accelerate understanding and learning. Based in Kraków, Poland, with offices in New York City, and Barcelona, Brainly apps and websites are visited by users from over 35 countries. Backed by Prosus, Point Nine Capital, General Catalyst, Runa Capital, Learn Capital and Kulczyk Investments.
Learn more about Brainly at www.brainly.com
By sending us your application you agree that Brainly sp. z o.o. will process your personal data to participate in this recruitment process. If you want to know more about how Brainly processes your personal data please click here.