Sr. HR Business Partner - Farms
People & HR
nottingham, md, usa
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2024
At Bowery, we’re making wildly delicious food more accessible to everyone. Driven by our proprietary end-to-end technology, our farms are transforming the entire fresh food supply chain to be simpler, safer, and vastly more sustainable.
We have 5 farms in operation (including state-of-the-art R&D and innovation farms) and we’re just getting started. We’re backed by tech and agriculture industry leaders with $647M in equity and debt capital, and our products are sold in over 1,400 locations.
Working at Bowery is more than just a job. It’s a chance to make a global impact with first-of-its-kind technology and ridiculously good food. We’re always looking for passionate minds to grow (and eat) with us! Ready to make a real difference? Join us. We’d love to have you here.
P.s. Check out The Roots: Bowery Farming's People Podcast for all things Bowery culture, teams, leadership, and karaoke (yes, karaoke)
About The Role:
We are hiring for a Senior HR Business Partner who will provide regional HR support across our Farms, currently located in Nottingham MD, Bethlehem PA, and Kearny NJ. You will be based at our Nottingham Farm (~15 miles Northeast of Baltimore) and report to our HR Director for Supply Chain & Operations. You will partner with the People Team to drive our bold mission - to unlock people’s potential to change the world, by:
- Doing the right thing, even when there’s an easier way
- Delivering with speed and scale, intentionally
- Showing others that working hard & having fun are not mutually exclusive
- Raising the bar & surprising people
What You'll Do:
- Partner with our Farm Operations leaders to understand and solve people-related challenges, remove barriers and boost team engagement
- Design and manage scalable programs that support the growth and development of our Farm Leadership team members and Modern Farmers
- Analyze and identify trends and find solutions that will lead to increased team engagement and retention
- Conduct internal investigations in response to employee concerns and drive to appropriate resolution
- Maintain compliance and understanding with federal and state regulations concerning employment practices
- In partnership with the broader People team, support and execute company-wide initiatives, including the areas of talent management, organizational design, learning & development, people experience, and change management
Who You Are:
- You are an HR professional with experience as a senior HRBP/Generalist
- You have experience supporting large groups of regionally based hourly employees and are comfortable handling complex employee relations concerns
- You are a leader with a knack for improving scalable processes and procedures and helping us to develop a new way to deal with existing issues
- You are a poised multi-tasker comfortable in a fast-paced environment with overlapping deadlines
- You are a data-driven and analytical thinker who can leverage metrics, identify trends and action plan
- You are someone who exudes warmth and passion and have a natural ability to build and manage strong relationships quickly
- You have a strong understanding of employment laws and their impact
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You’re flexible and able to travel - our farms operate 365 days a year, 7 days a week. Expected travel is 50%
Our commitment to eliminating bias and ensuring pay equity goes beyond pay transparency. Click here (https://bit.ly/3CUwuUY) to learn more about how compensation works at Bowery, how we came up with the salary on this job posting, and what we’re doing to ensure your compensation is internally and externally equitable.
The salary for this role will be either $125,000 or $150,000, depending on the level you’re assessed at. If this role is of interest to you, we encourage you to apply no matter what so we can see your profile and background. You can trust us to make an assessment based on your unique skills and experience and communicate where you are leveled.
Bowery is an equal opportunity employer - a place that celebrates unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures that will enrich the workplace. We are attempting to redefine what a sustainable agricultural supply chain can look like. We cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of people who want fresh, locally grown food in regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, national origin, religion, family status, disability, military status, and experience. We strongly encourage people from marginalized communities to apply to join our team.