Senior IT Support Engineer
Bloom & Wild
IT, Customer Service
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2024
Hi, we’re Bloom & Wild. Founded in 2013, our mission back then was to make sending and receiving flowers the joy that it should be, by harnessing technology, brand and letterbox delivery. Together, we’ve fulfilled over 20 million deliveries (and counting!), making us the largest direct to consumer flower business in Europe.
We announced £75 million Series D funding in 2021 and that same year acquired bloomon in The Netherlands and Bergamotte in France. Now home to a family of 3 beautiful brands, we're expanding our gifting offering to other categories like cakes, candles and cocktails. This is all part of our ambition to build Europe's #1 direct to consumer gifting destination.
⚙️Technology at Bloom & Wild
IT is within our Technology team of over 60 people and sits right at the heart of our business. We build and maintain the solutions that power our internally built tools, enabling our brands to delight our customers every day and the technology we buy supports our staff to be able to deliver amazing collaboration and productivity to deliver their best work at bloomon.
The Engineering team is six, cross-functional, Product Engineering squads, who each own their own business and architectural domain and are supported by our Platform, Architecture, Data and IT teams.
Our IT department utilises productivity and collaboration platforms such as Google Workspace, Slack, and Logitech. We employ Addigy and are switching to inTune to handle all of our endpoints. Our production and fulfilment centres run on a Ubiquiti network and use Zebra and Konica Minolta printers.
Given that the majority of the support is hands-on with our users and warehouses, we are looking for a candidate who can be present in the office for the majority of the week for this role. This commitment is crucial to providing optimal support for our users.
⚒️ IT Support at Bloom & Wild
The IT team at Bloom & Wild plays a pivotal role in ensuring that our users have access to the essential IT tools required for seamless operations. They offer comprehensive IT support and solutions within our dynamic environment, addressing technical challenges, assisting end-users, and contributing to the smooth functioning of our IT systems
At Bloomon, we're seeking an experienced and dedicated Senior IT Support Engineer to join our team based in our Amsterdam office. As a pivotal member of our IT team, you'll have the opportunity to provide essential support to employees, resolve complex technical issues, and contribute to the enhancement of our IT infrastructure. You'll play a crucial role in ensuring that our systems run efficiently, delivering exceptional service to our team members.
You can read lots more about our technology stack and our culture over on our tech blog - Code Wild
💻 What you’ll be doing
- Provide support to employees on a variety of IT issues
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues
- Provide training and support to end users
- Support IT team with escalated issues and act as 3rd/4th line support to the team with complex infrastructure and administrator assistance. (Networking, MDM and SaaS Platforms)
- Identify missing and incorrect information within the knowledge base
- Support in verifying and running asset management audits
- Work with other IT team members to ensure the smooth operation of our IT systems and track performance against SLAs
- Technical support backup coverage for the Head of IT
- Stay up-to-date on the latest IT technologies
- Perform other duties as assigned
✅ You’ll love this role if you… (What excites us)
- Have 5+ years of experience in an IT Support role
- You have excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Experience in managing IT vendors and excellent customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for reports and presentations
- Experience with creating business case and project plans
- Have the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Be able to manage your workload, research independently, and identify future tasks
- Ability to set priorities for themselves and the team
- You have a deep understanding of advanced networking (TCP/IP, DNS, VLANs and BGP)
- You have proficiency in Google Workplace (Docs, Slides and Sheets)
- Have experience doing the design and maintenance of productivity suites, including Google Workspace and O365
- Experience doing the design and maintenance of MDM Platforms, including Windows, macOS, and Linux
- Experience with Zebra, Richo and Konica Minolta
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
It would be great if you also have...
These are some of the skills and experience we think will enable success in this role, but please don’t worry if you are missing some of these. We’re committed to building a team made up of different strengths, skills and experiences, so if you’re excited about our values, passionate about what you do and would like to join us in doing things more thoughtfully, we’d love to hear from you.
🏡 Belonging at Bloom & Wild Group
We know that we learn through our differences, and building a diverse team has always been central to creating the best experience for our customers. We value all backgrounds, perspectives, ideas and experiences, and encourage everyone to share their opinions openly within our caring and inclusive team.
🧭 Our ways of working
We do things a little bit differently. From inventing letterbox flowers to founding The Thoughtful Marketing Movement. We’re big on collaboration, empathy, knowledge sharing and growth, and our values drive our priorities every day:
Lead change for good: we have the guts to try new things and step up to do what matters most
Think deeply, act swiftly: we make sure there’s thoughtful rationale behind our approach and always act swiftly to implement ideas
Care wildly: we pour care and creativity into everything we do and pay attention to the things that make a difference
Stay open, be curious: we’re open about what we’re doing and why, and we welcome challenges from each other
We really believe in the power of face-to-face connections - be that through a shared project, a learning and development opportunity, or an after work social - and trust our teams to make the right decisions (for them and us) about where and how they work each day. Our working patterns are flexible and vary across the business, depending on the type of work, need for collaboration, and personal and wellbeing circumstances.
🌟 (Some of) The good stuff
To care wildly for our customers, firstly we care wildly for our teams. We work hard to craft a culture of thoughtfulness and care, where there is a strong sense of inclusion and belonging, enabling all of our people to thrive and be successful each day.
🌻 Work that works for you
- Flexible working (core hours from 10-4pm)
- Work Abroad for up to 30 days each year
- Share in our success with a choice to take equity options from day 1
- 1 day per year to volunteer on a project that’s close to your heart
- We’ll support your commute to our office and site locations. Depending on your journey to work, this may include a Swapfiets, an NS business card or expense reimbursement
- Phone allowance
🌴 Time off
- 24 vacation days and an option to buy an extra 5 each year
- Happiness days (1 extra day each quarter for your personal ‘me time’)
- 1 celebration day per year, to celebrate a holiday that’s important to you
- Flexible bank holidays - trade a bank holiday for another day that fits your beliefs, values and celebration calendar
🌱 Health and wellbeing
- Mental health support through Open Up, including access to online therapy sessions
- Mental Health First Aiders and awareness training for our managers
- In person and virtual yoga every week
- Our office kitchen is stocked with healthy drinks and snacks to keep you going
- Workplace pension contributions
🌳 Growth & Development
- A flexible training framework for every stage of your career development through our Bloom & Learn programme
- Internal & external Speaker Sessions on a variety of different inspirational topics.
💐 Moments that matter
- We love having lunch together! We offer daily fresh and healthy lunch options at our locations in Amsterdam and Amstelveen,
- A BBQ-worthy rooftop terrace (Amsterdam HQ)
- Social & wellbeing monthly calendar
- We love to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries and other important milestones!
- Summer and End of Year events, team lunches and post-peak celebrations
- Irresistible discounts on our products, blooms & subscriptions!
We’ll do everything we can to make sure your interview experience with us is a good one. It’s a 2-way process, and we’re keen to answer all of the questions you may have, so that you can be sure (and excited!) that we’ll be the right place for you.
- Apply below (it takes 2 minutes!)
- Chat with Billy, our Senior Talent Manager for tech - to discuss our role and learn a bit more about your skills and background and how we might match your career & development goals.
- Technical interview with Sam, our Head of IT to get into more of the detail and show us how you work through some technical challenges.
- Cultural interview with Sam and another member of the IT Support team.
- Interview with some of the stakeholders you will be working closely with.
- Final chat with Steve, our CTO.
We believe in leading change for good, so if there’s anything that we can do to help throughout your application process, or if you have any feedback, please share this with us anonymously here so we can use this to improve your experience.