Lead Commercial Analyst
Bloom & Wild
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2024
bloomon is turning the flower industry on its head – for the better. How? By disrupting the traditional supply chain! We skip the auction and wholesale, to shorten the journey for our flowers. And we harness technology, brand and innovation to deliver gifts and subscriptions that delight our customers across Europe.
We launched in Amsterdam in 2014, and in 2021 joined forces with Bloom & Wild, the UK's fastest growing ecommerce company (according to the Financial Times). Our group is backed by top tier investors and is now home to a family of 3 strong brands, Bloom & Wild, bloomon and Bergamotte. Together, we’ve delivered over 20 million orders (and counting!), making us the largest direct to consumer flower business in Europe.
Our vision is to create the destination for making life a little more thoughtful and beautiful. And we won't stop at flowers and plants. Starting with the Bloom & Wild brand, we're expanding our gifting offering to other categories like cakes, candles and cocktails. This is all part of our ambition to build Europe's #1 direct to consumer gifting destination.
🛠️ Data and Business Intelligence @ Bloom & Wild Group
Data is at the heart of what we do at Bloom & Wild Group, and we are looking for a Lead Insight Analyst to join the Commercial, Range & Merchandising area of our BI & Analytics team. You’ll work closely with our Trading teams to drive insights supporting the commercial direction of Bloom & Wild Group and collaborating with stakeholders to drive our overarching strategy. This is a hands-on role for someone who’s excited by the idea of working for a fast growth, data-driven business, who’s got some exciting challenges to solve!
⚙️ What you'll be doing:
- Reporting into the Head of BI & Analytics, you’ll work alongside other analysts working across Commercial, Range and Merchandising to ensure that Bloom & Wild Group has the right insights and tools to make quick business decisions
- This role gives you a great chance to be exposed to many critical parts of our business and you will be required to build strong relationships across all areas. This role is suitable for someone who has deep commercial and strategic experience.
- Think deeply, act swiftly: You will identify and articulate the most suitable analytical solutions to business challenges and work with stakeholders to embed analytical thinking
- You will deliver both analytical and reporting-based projects across the Commercial, Trading, Subscriptions, Merchandising & Range areas of the business
- Working with the rest of the BI team and stakeholders, you will develop, evaluate and iterate on hypotheses and drive forward best-in-class commercial testing within a highly experiment-driven culture
- Bloom & Wild Group is a very data-driven company and this role will be responsible for ensuring insight-led recommendations are actioned within both the short and long term strategy for the business
- You will have strong communication skills and must be able to articulate insights to both technical and non-technical colleagues
- You will work with other analysts in the Commercial & Range remit to shape the analytical roadmap and drive improvements in project and team processes to enable us to scale and automate tasks where possible
- You will be actively using, creating and maintaining the Tableau dashboard, writing and implementing SQL queries and utilizing DBT for model improvement and development on a daily basis.
✅ You’ll love this role if you…
- Expert in advanced analytical methodologies, commercial strategy & a proven track record (with examples) of driving business impact through actionable insights and recommendations
- You will have experience in driving commercial impact through data-driven recommendations across different commercial levers such as pricing, discounting, merchandising, and range optimisation
- You will understand the drivers of commercial trading performance, be able to forecast future demand and identify key levers to accelerate performance investigating drivers behind different trading environments and knowledge of demand forecasting is a plus
- Experience designing and implementing commercial/merchandising AB testing programmes that drive improvements in commercial performance whilst generating insights
- You have experience effectively facilitating cross-functional projects, anticipating project blockers & making decisions to proactively avoid or resolve them
- Must be able to scope, shape and prioritise project briefs, challenging stakeholders where necessary to ensure we are focusing on areas that will achieve the greatest impact and deliver profitable growth
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to distill technical information to all levels across the organisation, focusing on actions and impact
- Bloom & Wild Group is fast-paced, so you must be able to proactively identify quick wins and make trade-offs while maintaining analytical best practice
- 5+ years experience in hands-on SQL (Mandatory)
- Hands-on experience designing, building, and maintaining dashboards in visualization tools such as Tableau, Looker or Periscope.
- E-commerce experience is a big plus, particularly in commercial areas e.g. pricing analytics, financial modelling, demand forecasting and trading
- Working knowledge and experience in customer retention and web analytics
- Experience utilising python/R in advanced analytic
- Experience with automating code in DBT and ELT processes.
Nice to haves
These are some of the skills and experience we think will enable success in this role, but please don’t worry if you are missing some of these. We’re committed to building a team made up of different strengths, skills and experiences, so if you’re excited about our values, passionate about what you do and would like to join us in doing things more thoughtfully, we’d love to hear from you.
🏡 Belonging at Bloom & Wild Group
We know that we learn through our differences, and building a diverse team has always been central to creating the best experience for our customers. We value all backgrounds, perspectives, ideas and experiences, and encourage everyone to share their opinions openly within our caring and inclusive team.
🧭 Our ways of working
We do things a little bit differently. From inventing letterbox flowers to founding The Thoughtful Marketing Movement. We’re big on collaboration, empathy, knowledge sharing and growth, and our values drive our priorities every day:
Lead change for good: we have the guts to try new things and step up to do what matters most
Think deeply, act swiftly: we make sure there’s thoughtful rationale behind our approach and always act swiftly to implement ideas
Care wildly: we pour care and creativity into everything we do and pay attention to the things that make a difference
Stay open, be curious: we’re open about what we’re doing and why, and we welcome challenges from each other
We really believe in the power of face-to-face connections - be that through a shared project, a learning and development opportunity, or an after work social - and trust our teams to make the right decisions (for them and us) about where and how they work each day. Our working patterns are flexible and vary across the business, depending on the type of work, need for collaboration, and personal and wellbeing circumstances.
🌟 (Some of) The good stuff
To care wildly for our customers, firstly we care wildly for our teams. We work hard to craft a culture of thoughtfulness and care, where there is a strong sense of inclusion and belonging, enabling all of our people to thrive and be successful each day.
🌻 Work that works for you
- Flexible working (core hours from 10-4pm)
- Work Abroad for up to 30 days each year
- Share in our success with a choice to take equity options from day 1
- 1 day per year to volunteer on a project that’s close to your heart
- We’ll support your commute to our office and site locations. Depending on your journey to work, this may include a Swapfiets, an NS business card or expense reimbursement
- Phone allowance
🌴 Time off
- 24 vacation days and an option to buy an extra 5 each year
- Happiness days (1 extra day each quarter for your personal ‘me time’)
- 1 celebration day per year, to celebrate a holiday that’s important to you
- Flexible bank holidays - trade a bank holiday for another day that fits your beliefs, values and celebration calendar
🌱 Health and wellbeing
- Mental health support through Open Up, including access to online therapy sessions
- Allies and champions groups
- Mental Health First Aiders and awareness training for our managers
- In person and virtual yoga every week
- Our office kitchen is stocked with healthy drinks and snacks to keep you going
- Financial wellbeing support through Bippit
- Workplace pension contributions
🌳 Growth & Development
- A flexible training framework for every stage of your career development through our Bloom & Learn programme
- Access to the Goodhabitz learning platform
- Internal & external Speaker Sessions on a variety of different inspirational topics.
💐 Moments that matter
- We love having lunch together! We offer daily fresh and healthy lunch options at our locations in Amsterdam and Amstelveen,
- A BBQ-worthy rooftop terrace (Amsterdam HQ)
- Social & wellbeing monthly calendar
- We love to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries and other important milestones!
- Summer and End of Year events, team lunches and post-peak celebrations
- Irresistible discounts on our products, blooms & subscriptions!
We know that job searching can be daunting, and we want to do everything we can to ensure that your experience with us is a good one. Interviewing is a 2-way process, and we’re keen to answer all of the questions you have, so that you can be sure (and excited!) that we’re the right move for you.
We believe in leading change for good, so do let us know if there’s anything we can do to support your application process. Also, if you have any feedback, please help us to improve our candidate experience by sharing (anonymously) here.