Customer Happiness Agent - Denmark
Bloom & Wild
Posted on Friday, October 27, 2023
bloomon is turning the flower industry on its head – for the better. How? By disrupting the traditional supply chain, where most florists operate offline and have done for decades. bloomon creates seasonal collections using unusual stems to deliver unique flower arrangements on repeat or as a unique gift. We always use field-fresh high-quality flowers straight from the grower and deliver them to our customers through a high-tech and highly creative platform.
We launched in Amsterdam in 2014 and went from start-up to scale-up at hypersonic speed. In 2021 we joined forces with Bloom & Wild, the UK's fastest growing ecommerce company (according to the Financial Times). Driven by our vision of creating the destination for making life a little more thoughtful and beautiful, we're now part of Europe's leading online flower company.
Our group is backed by top tier investors including General Catalyst (backers of Airbnb and Deliveroo), who led our £75 million Series D funding round in January 2021, alongside Index Ventures (investors in Wise and Glossier). We are home to a family of 3 strong brands, Bloom & Wild, bloomon and Bergamotte. Together, we are active in 8 countries.
We really care about creating a diverse and inclusive team and we welcome people from all backgrounds, with different perspectives, ideas and experiences to work with us. In our team, everyone has the freedom to give their opinion, grow in their career and be part of a genuinely caring and inclusive team.
Customer Service at bloomon
Putting yourself in the customer's shoes is something they do everywhere - or so they say. But at bloomon, we have elevated 'customer service' to an art. We want to exceed all expectations. It is part of our mission to make people happy. We may be an online platform, but we love the human connection. You can call us seven days a week - about anything and everything and we come up with creative solutions. Because we are the point of contact for all customers, we are the link between our target group and the organisation. This makes us an important source of information for the other departments. We know what concerns customers and what makes them happy. That requires more than a nice bunch of flowers on the doorstep; it requires super service. And that's exactly what we work on every day. We take care of our customers with the same care that we water our flowers and put together beautiful bouquets.
Do you like human contact? Do you take problems seriously and always look for the best solution?Do you have a bright personality and do you enjoy making people happy? Are you crazy about flowers but also enthusiastic about logistics? Are you proactive and ready to work in a dynamic environment? Then join our customer service team & become one of our helpful Happiness Agents!
What will you do?
In this role, you will be responsible mainly for our Danish and British customers via email, whatsapp and phone. From time to time we will also ask you to jump into our Dutch and German email queues (you can answer in English, we are working with a great translation tool) You will also be responsible for coordinating Danish deliveries in Copenhagen and you will be in contact with logistics partners to provide our customers with up-to-date information. It is essential that you can think in a solution-oriented way and are able to act independently. For this position, it is also a must that you are empathetic and can put yourself in our customers' shoes. You will carry out varied work and be given a lot of responsibility straight away.
This is how your day could look like:
- Grab a nice cup of coffee (and some fruit) from the kitchen before logging into the system and reading the first Slack messages.
- Ready for work. You've been put in charge of the phone channel this morning, making sure our customers get a quick resolution and hang up feeling relieved.
- Mini-break. Take a quick trip onto the roof terrace to catch some fresh air and perhaps soak up some sunshine. On the way back to your desk, you walk past this week's bouquet collection
- Back to work. It's quiet on the phone channel today so you jump to Instagram to answer some extra questions about our flowers and spread some love.
- Lunchtime. Mmmh, that smells good! Enjoy some tasty sandwiches, salad or soup along with your colleagues.
- Now it's time to open the inbox and deal with some emails. Your flexibility comes in handy here as you'll be managing the phone and mail channel at the same time this afternoon.
- Time for a coffee in between.
- The team lead has scheduled an evaluation moment with you. You go through the numbers and quality of your work together. In it, phone calls and emails are discussed and you receive valuable feedback to improve yourself.
- The shift is done. You welcome your colleagues who have just come in for their evening shift and go home.
What do we expect from you?
- HBO/WO work/thought level (at least available for a year)
- An excellent command of the Danish and English languages verbal and written
- Able to spot commercial opportunities
- A solution-oriented and flexible attitude
- Hands-on approach, accurate in execution of work
- Independent work attitude
- You enjoy working in a team
- For this full-time position, you are available 16-40 hours. If you are also available in the evenings and at weekends, that is a plus
- You are available immediately.
- Working hours for this role go in 8-hour shifts between Monday - Sunday and may vary to promote company needs. This includes our busiest times during national holidays (such as Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, etc.).
- We expect you to be available at least one evening shift per two weeks week & to be able to work in the weekend if needed
- We support a "hybrid-working culture". So working from home is possible, but we also consider it very important to work together in the office.
- Flexibility is a requirement to perform this role well.
Good to know:
To care wildly for our customers, first we care wildly for our teams. We work hard to craft a culture of thoughtfulness and care, where there is a strong sense of inclusion and belonging, enabling all of our people to thrive and be successful each day.
🌻 Work that works for you
- Work Abroad for up to 30 days each year
- Summer hours: every Friday afternoon off during July and August (trialling in 2023)
- Share in our success with a choice to take equity options from day 1
- 1 day per year to volunteer on a project that’s close to your heart
- We’ll support your commute to our office and site locations. Depending on your journey to work, this may include a Swapfiets, an NS business card or expense reimbursement
- Phone allowance
🌴 Time off
- 24 vacation days and an option to buy an extra 5 each year
- Happiness days (1 extra day each quarter for your personal ‘me time’)
- 1 celebration day per year, to celebrate a holiday that’s important to you
- Flexible bank holidays - trade a bank holiday for another day that fits your beliefs, values and celebration calendar
🌱 Health and wellbeing
- Mental health support through Open Up, including access to online therapy sessions
- Allies and champions groups
- Mental Health First Aiders and awareness training for our managers
- In person and virtual yoga every week
- Our office kitchen is stocked with healthy drinks and snacks to keep you going
- Financial wellbeing support through Bippit
- Workplace pension contributions
🌳 Growth & Development
- A flexible training framework for every stage of your career development through our Bloom & Learn programme
- Access to the Goodhabitz learning platform
- Internal & external Speaker Sessions on a variety of different inspirational topics.
💐 Moments that matter
- We love having lunch together! We offer daily fresh and healthy lunch options at our locations in Amsterdam and Amstelveen,
- A BBQ-worthy rooftop terrace (Amsterdam HQ)
- Social & wellbeing monthly calendar
- We love to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries and other important milestones!
- Summer and End of Year events, team lunches and post-peak celebrations
- Irresistible discounts on our products, blooms & subscriptions!