Head of Customer Delight (Interim)
Bloom & Wild
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2023
Hi, we’re Bloom & Wild. We don’t just send flowers! We help our customers to care wildly. Caring wildly is celebrating the little things we all do for each other every day. Not just the big occasions. It’s being there for the highs. Stepping up for the lows.
Care has been at the heart of our business right from the start. From the products we source, and the packaging we send them in, to the way we look after our colleagues, our customers, our planet, and the communities around us.
Founded in 2013, our mission back then was to make sending and receiving flowers the joy that it should be, by harnessing technology, brand and letterbox delivery. We announced £75 million Series D funding in 2021 and that same year acquired bloomon in The Netherlands and Bergamotte in France. Together, we’ve fulfilled over 20 million deliveries (and counting!), making us the largest direct to consumer business in Europe.
Home to a family of 3 beautiful brands, we’re driven by our vision to create the destination for making life a little more thoughtful and beautiful. And we won't stop at flowers and plants. Starting with the Bloom & Wild brand, we're expanding our gifting offering to other categories like cakes, candles and cocktails. We’re already the largest direct to consumer flower business in Europe and this is all part of our ambition to build Europe's #1 direct to consumer gifting destination.
🛠️ The Customer Delight Team
Our job is to bring joy to our customers by delighting them at every turn! We’re passionate about delivering personalised experiences and work around the clock to make sure that no question goes unanswered. We also collaborate across the whole business, to share feedback, problem solve and continually improve our customer experience (have a look at our reviews, and you’ll see what we mean!).
💻 What you’ll be doing
We’re looking for someone who shares our obsession with incredible customer experience to join us on a 6-month contract from November to cover a period of parental leave in the team. We’re open to remote or onsite working from our office in Vauxhall, and full or part time working patterns (though may require some flexibility to work weekends during busy periods).
You’ll report to Isobel, our Customer Delight Director, and lead our team of 5 Customer Delight Managers through some of our major seasonal peaks (Christmas, Valentine’s Day and Mother’s Day).
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting your team to meet OKRs, ensuring productivity and performance, through effective 121s, feedback and coaching.
- Leading the delivery of projects and business as usual activities, to deliver on OKRs for your team, focusing on operational efficiency, team wellbeing and performance, and innovation.
- Reporting on key metrics and project progress, as well as other open topics.
- Running manager training & development sessions.
- Ensuring the voice of our customer is heard across our business to support key decision making.
- Supporting Isobel on the strategy and vision for the team, deputising as needed.
You’ll love this role if you are:
- An empathetic leader - you genuinely love delivering through others, and are comfortable guiding, evaluating and flexing your style to get the best from those around you. You’ll have around 5 years’ people management experience, which includes coaching and managing other managers of teams.
- A Zendesk power user, with experience gained in an e-commerce environment.
- Passionate about customer service - you love to be up to date on best practise and new features, and are active in our industry’s network
- A solid team player who truly believes in the value of diverse and inclusive teams and are passionate about empowering others to take initiative, come up with ideas and self start.
- Positive and optimistic in your approach - you overcome setbacks and obstacles, and inspire and motivate those around you too
- Customer first - you seek to understand what works for them and champion this in your decision making
- Proactive - you take responsibility and initiative to get things done, are willing to roll up your sleeves get stuck in
These are some of the skills and experience we think will enable success in this role, but please don’t worry if you are missing some of what’s on our list! We’re committed to building a team made up of different strengths, skills and experiences, so if you’re excited about our values, passionate about what you do and would like to join us in doing things more thoughtfully, we’d love to hear from you.
🧭 Our ways of working
We do things a little bit differently. From inventing letterbox flowers to founding The Thoughtful Marketing Movement. We’re big on collaboration, empathy, knowledge sharing and growth, and our values drive our priorities every day.
We really believe in the power of face-to-face connections - be that through a shared project, a learning and development opportunity, or an after work social - and trust our teams to make the right decisions (for them and us) about where and how they work each day. Our working patterns are flexible and vary across the business, depending on the type of work, need for collaboration, and personal and wellbeing circumstances.
🏡 Belonging at Bloom & Wild
We know that we learn through our differences, and building a diverse team has always been central to creating the best experience for our customers. We value all backgrounds, perspectives, ideas and experiences, and encourage everyone to share their opinions openly within our caring and inclusive team.
✅ Why Bloom & Wild?
To care wildly for our customers, firstly we care wildly for our teams. We work hard to craft a culture of thoughtfulness and care, where there is a strong sense of inclusion and belonging, enabling all of our people to thrive and be successful each day.
🌻 Work that works for you
- Flexible working: our core hours are 10-4, but outside of these hours you can start or finish your day when works best for you
- Work Abroad for up to 30 days each year
- Summer hours: every Friday afternoon off during July and August (trialling in 2023)
- Enhanced family leave policy and a workplace nursery scheme
- 1 day per year to volunteer on a project that’s close to your heart
🌴 Time off
- 25 days’ holiday + your birthday and bank holidays each year
- Option to buy an extra 5 days’ holiday each year
- Flexible bank holidays - trade a bank holiday for another day that fits your beliefs, values and celebration calendar
🌱 Health & Wellbeing
- Health cash plan through Simplyhealth
- Mental health support through Open Up, including access to online therapy sessions
- Allies and champions groups
- Mental Health First Aiders and awareness training for our managers
- In person or virtual yoga every week
- Cycle to work scheme
- Our office kitchen is stocked with drinks and snacks to keep you going
- Financial wellbeing support through Bippit
🌳 Growth & Development
- A flexible training framework for every stage of your career development through our Bloom & Learn programme
- Access to the Goodhabitz learning platform
- Mentee and mentor opportunities with our external partners, such as The Women's Association and Future Founders
- Internal & external Speaker Sessions on a variety of different inspirational topics
💐 Moments that matter
- Social & wellbeing monthly calendar
- Summer and End of Year events, team lunches and post-peak celebrations
- Irresistible discounts on our products, blooms & subscriptions!