Accounts Payable Associate (French speaking)
Bloom & Wild
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2023
Bloom & Wild is re-inventing the $60B global flower industry. Over a billion flower exchanges take place every year and industry satisfaction levels are low. Driven by our vision of creating the destination for making life a little more thoughtful and beautiful, we do things differently. From inventing letterbox flowers to founding The Thoughtful Marketing Movement. And we’ve seen impressive traction to date - we are Europe’s largest direct to consumer flower company.
In January 2021 we announced our £75 million Series D funding round, led by General Catalyst (backers of Airbnb and Deliveroo), alongside other top tier investors including Index Ventures (investors in Wise and Glossier). We are home to a family of 3 strong brands, Bloom & Wild, bloomon and Bergamotte, having acquired bloomon in April 2021 and Bergamotte in July 2021. Together, we are active in 8 countries.
We really care about creating a diverse and inclusive team and we welcome people from all backgrounds, with different perspectives, ideas and experiences to work with us. In our team, everyone has the freedom to give their opinion, grow in their career and be part of a genuinely caring and inclusive team.
Finance at Bloom & Wild
The overall Bloom & Wild Group team is now over 400 people. Our Finance team is currently 27 people, with 14 based in the UK, 8 in the Netherlands and 5 in France. We're organised around three main teams which are led by our VP of Finance, though we collaborate closely as one function and work with other teams across the business too.
Financial Control & Reporting - runs all things financial control and reporting, including; compilation of month end reporting, payroll, accounts payable and receivable.
Financial Planning & Analysis - manages our budgeting and forecasting process for the company, together with regular analysis of financial performance. We're also responsible for building financial models for a variety of uses across the company and working closely with other teams to do so.
Financial Change & Compliance - performs the majority of group functions across our 3 locations including but not limited to; PSP and treasury management, controls and compliance and all things tax. We're also responsible for spearheading any process improvements or transformational projects.
The role and ways of working:
- Processing multi currency supplier invoices for all group entities accurately into the accounting system
- Resolving internal and supplier queries in relation to invoices and payments in a timely manner
- Support the weekly payment runs
- Raising sales invoices to Business-to-Business customers
- Monitoring aged debt and liaising with internal and external stakeholders in relation to overdue payments
- Maintaining strong financial controls in relation to invoice approvals
- Reconciling bank transactions to the accounting system and chasing suppliers for missing invoices
- Monitoring and reconciling the expenses platform
- Any other AP/AR processes that arise as a result of company growth
- You'll need excellent French and English language skills
- Previous accounts payable experience
- Intermediate Excel ability
- High level of accuracy with a sharp eye for detail
- Proactive – you take responsibility to get things done
- Ability to work under own initiative as well as part of the team
- A questioning mindset and confidence to challenge when required
- Excellent organisational skills and always seeking out efficiencies
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Ambition to progress within a finance related career
It would be ideal if you also:
- Have previous bookkeeping experience or (basic) VAT knowledge
- Have experience using Netsuite or Kefron
- Have experience with accounts payable in France
Bloom & Wild Group teams are distributed across office locations in Amsterdam and London, and multiple warehouse locations. We’re working hard to create a culture of inclusion for our teams, whether they’re working from the office or home. And so whether you need to be at home for focus time or for a school pickup, or you want to spend time with your co-workers, we’ll do our best to make your experience a good one!
Our perks and benefits:
* 25 days holiday, with an additional day off for your birthday, plus bank holidays, totalling 34 days, per year. There is also the option to buy an extra 5 days holiday each year
* Flexible working schedule (core hours from 10-4pm)
* We offer flexible bank holidays so you can trade a bank holiday day off and in its place take off another day that fits better with your beliefs, values and celebration calendar
* Choose your laptop and any extra equipment you need to do your best work
* Health cash plan through Simplyhealth
* Growth & development programme
* Enhanced Family Friendly policy
* Financial wellbeing support through Bippit
* Workplace nursery - a salary sacrifice based childcare scheme
* Cycle to work scheme
* Pension contribution
* Discounts on our blooms!
* Lunch & learns
* Bloom & Go Wild trips
Our lovely, light and spacious office is conveniently located close to Vauxhall and Oval stations in London. We have an informal, inclusive and scale-up culture, and those who choose to come into the office, also benefit from:
* A kitchen stocked with snacks + a beer, wine and soft drinks fridge
* Early finishes on Thursdays & Fridays to spend more time with each other
* We love to get together to celebrate! Events include Summer & End of Year parties, post peak celebrations and team lunches
In addition, we’re supporting each other and maintaining our culture remotely through:
* Weekly online yoga class and access to ClassPass workout content
* Celebration of birthdays, anniversaries, and special occasions
* Weekly Stand Up and Monthly Meetings to celebrate our successes and value nominations
* Wellbeing support through our online platform, Open Up, which offers online therapy sessions
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and would love to hear from you directly on how we can improve. If you have any suggestions please feel free to let us know.
See more open positions at Bloom & Wild
Something looks off?