Data Analyst - Operations
Bloom & Wild
IT, Operations, Data Science
Posted on Saturday, May 20, 2023
bloomon is turning the flower industry on its head – for the better. How? By disrupting the traditional supply chain, where most florists operate offline and have done for decades. bloomon creates seasonal collections using unusual stems to deliver unique flower arrangements on repeat or as a unique gift. We always use field-fresh high-quality flowers straight from the grower and deliver them to our customers through a high-tech and highly creative platform.
We launched in Amsterdam in 2014 and went from start-up to scale-up at hypersonic speed. In 2021 we joined forces with Bloom & Wild, the UK's fastest-growing e-commerce company (according to the Financial Times). Driven by our vision of creating the destination for making life a little more thoughtful and beautiful, we're now part of Europe's leading online flower company.
Our group is backed by top-tier investors including General Catalyst (backers of Airbnb and Deliveroo), who led our £75 million Series D funding round in January 2021, alongside Index Ventures (investors in Wise and Glossier). We are home to a family of 3 strong brands, Bloom & Wild, bloomon, and Bergamotte. Together, we are active in 8 countries.
We really care about creating a diverse and inclusive team and we welcome people from all backgrounds, with different perspectives, ideas and experiences to work with us. In our team, everyone has the freedom to give their opinion, grow in their career and be part of a genuinely caring and inclusive team.
We’re on a mission to make data at the heart of what we do as at Bloom & Wild. You’ll work closely with the Operations team to drive data driven decision making within all areas of Operations. You’ll be joining the Analytics & BI team and there will also be the opportunity to work with and learn from the rest of the team.
We’re looking for an Operations Analyst to join our team. Reporting to the area lead of the BI Operations team as they optimise getting our products from farm to recipient in the most efficient way possible. This newly created role has lots of potential for future growth.
Please note that only applicants with intermediate- advanced hands-on SQL experience will be considered. This will be tested during the application process.
- You'll have ownership of Operations Squad’s analytical roadmap (with support as needed) and be responsible for sizing and prioritising work to deliver the most impactful and timely insights.
- You will work with several key parts of the Operations team these include:
- Fulfillment & Delivery - working closely with the team to ensure that we effectively track fulfillment and carrier partner performance that optimises customer satisfaction and profitability.
- Trading team - working closely with this team to ensure the optimal amount of stock to sell and avoid any wastage.
- Sustainability - we are actively working to be a net 0 emissions company. You’ll be working with our sustainability team in order to understand the data needs, and challenges as well as focus on the key areas of impact.
- Own fulfilment team - we have different warehouses in different countries. You will help provide this team with reporting to help optimise customer satisfaction.
- Supply Chain and Quality - You will help this team to measure the quality of products including non floral gifts. You will create reporting to ensure that we achieve a high customer NPS and provide recommendations if you identify any areas for improvement.
- Customer delight- You will support the customer delight team to understand the performance of our help centre, providing recommendations on areas we could look to improve.
- This role will be a combination of building reporting and investigative analysis. You will be able to navigate the opportunities/challenges of both.
- You are focused on the most valuable and high impact work and are not afraid to push back on requests if they do not have a clear impact/use.
- This role is fast paced, so it will be important that you'll be able to identify quick wins and make trade-offs while maintaining analytical best practice.
- You'll provide robust and easy to understand recommendations from your analysis that can be explained to technical and non-technical colleagues.
- You have strong communication skills and you're a team player. You'll use these skills to develop strong relationships throughout the business.
- You will be action-oriented and ensure that recommendations feed the long-term roadmap.
- Have at least 3 years of hands-on day to day SQL experience- intermediate/advanced level required. This will be used every day and is a mandatory requirement of the role.
- Proven track record (and examples) of creating actionable insight and recommendations which have driven business impact
- Track record of working independently to shape analytical problems and define testing methodologies
- Experience working with Tableau (or other reporting tools)
- Previous experience of automating reporting and simple tasks
- A strong attention to detail coupled with an ability to identify big-picture opportunities to add value
Bloom & Wild Group teams are distributed across office locations in Amsterdam and London, and multiple warehouse locations. We’re working hard to create a culture of inclusion for our teams, whether they’re working from the office or home. And so whether you need to be at home for focus time or for school pickup, or you want to spend time together with your co-workers, we’ll do our best to make your experience a good one!
bloomon perks & benefits:
- 24 vacation days, with an option to buy an extra 5 vacation days.
- 1 celebration day per year (extra day off to celebrate a holiday that is important to you)
- Happiness days (4 extra days off per year for your personal “me-time”)
- We’ll support your commute to our office and site locations. Depending on your journey to work, this may include a - VanMoof bike, an NS business card or expense reimbursement
- Access to the GoodHabitz platform for personal development
- Access to OpenUp online therapy for your mental health
- We love having lunch together! We offer daily fresh and healthy lunch options at our locations in Amsterdam and Amstelveen,
- A BBQ-worthy rooftop terrace (Amsterdam HQ)
- Friday drinks and socials
- Weekly online yoga classes
- We’ll provide you with a laptop and other necessary equipment
- Phone allowance
- Discounts on our beautiful products!
We all love what we do – so if you like challenges, developing new skills, growing creatively and taking initiative, you’ll feel right at home at bloomon!
See more open positions at Bloom & Wild
Something looks off?