Reporting to: Director, Talent Acquisition
Location: New York, NY
What is Bilt?
Bilt Rewards is the first program for consumers to earn rewards on rent and daily neighborhood spend while creating a path towards home ownership.
With an alliance of the nation’s largest real estate owners, Bilt Rewards enables renters in more than three million units across the country to earn points just by paying rent.
Bilt Rewards boasts one of the highest value rewards programs on the market today, including one-to-one point transfers to twelve loyalty programs allowing members to travel across more than 100 major airlines and hotel partners; fitness classes at the country’s top boutique studios; limited-edition and exclusive collections of art and home decor through the Bilt Collection, and the ability to use points for rent credits or towards a future downpayment.
Bilt has also partnered with Mastercard to create the Bilt Mastercard - the first and only credit card that can be used to pay rent with no fees.
What’s the role?
As a Technical Recruiter, you will work collaboratively with our engineering team to oversee the technical recruiting process, from sourcing and screening to interviewing, extending offers, and ensuring a positive candidate experience. Focused on a range of positions within the engineering department, you will play a crucial role in executing our hiring strategy. We are looking for an individual who is deeply engaged, provides an exceptional candidate experience, and excels in a fast-paced environment.
In this role, you will…
- Source, identify, and engage top engineering talent through various channels.
- Collaborate with hiring managers to understand specific engineering role requirements and develop targeted recruitment strategies.
- Conduct thorough candidate screenings to evaluate technical skills, cultural fit, and overall qualifications.
- Coordinate technical assessments and interviews with hiring teams to ensure the selection of high-quality candidates.
- Build and maintain a robust pipeline of engineering candidates for current and future hiring needs.
- Implement effective follow-up strategies to keep candidates engaged throughout the recruitment process.
- Work closely with hiring managers to understand team dynamics, department goals, and organizational culture.
- Provide regular updates on recruitment progress and adjust strategies as needed.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant employment laws and regulations.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records in Greenhouse, our applicant tracking system (ATS).
In terms of qualifications, we’re seeking:
- Minimum 5+ years of recruitment experience with a focus on technical positions
- Proven experience as a recruiter, with a focus on technical/engineering roles
- Familiarity with various sourcing techniques and tools, including LinkedIn Recruiter
- Strong understanding of technical skills and requirements within the engineering field.
- Ability to come into our NYC office 5 days a week
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Experience with applicant tracking systems and recruitment software (Greenhouse preferred but not required)
- Compensation - We offer a competitive salary with a meaningful stake in the company via equity and our performance bonus program
- Health insurance for you (& your loved ones) from day one - Enjoy a One Medical Membership, wellness stipends, family programs and more, on us. We’ve got you and your family covered from day one.
- 401k plan with a match - Retirement may feel more like a pipe dream than a reality but we’re here to help you get there.
- Commuter FSAs - We believe the best ideas come from being together in one place. We just don’t think getting there should be so expensive.
- UNLIMITED PTO - Because we believe that working hard shouldn’t mean always working. Take time for you as often as you need it.
- Exclusive Employee only Bilt Points - We give our employees unique opportunities to earn points throughout their time at Bilt.
- Team Events - We believe in human connection so we hold events to help our employees break from the monotony of the typical work week.
At Bilt Rewards, we believe in transparency and we do our best to make sure the company and our candidates are on the same page as it relates to compensation. In addition to posting salary ranges for our open roles, candidates should expect to be asked about compensation expectations and requirements early on in their interview process. Our goal is to highlight when expectations and Bilt’s salary range may be out of sync, and work with the candidate to determine whether it makes sense to continue conversations.
We are considering candidates with differing levels of expertise for this position. Leveling will be based upon your experience and performance in the interview process.
Where a new hire falls within a range will be based on their individual skills and experience, and how these competencies compare across other employees in the same role. Bilt's bands are designed to allow for individual compensation growth within the role. As such, new hires typically start at the lower end of the range. Bilt rewards performance and outcomes - should you join the company, you will have the opportunity to grow your salary over time.
The salary range for a Technical Recruiter is $70,000 - $110,000 and will be eligible for equity and an annual performance-based bonus.