BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce (Nasdaq: BIGC) is a leading open SaaS and composable ecommerce platform that empowers brands and retailers of all sizes to build, innovate and grow their businesses online. BigCommerce combines sophisticated enterprise-grade functionality, customizability and performance with simplicity and ease-of-use. Tens of thousands of B2C and B2B companies across 150 countries and numerous industries rely on BigCommerce, including Burrow, Coldwater Creek, Francesca’s, Harvey Nichols, King Arthur Baking Co., La Perla, MKM Building Supplies, United Aqua Group and Uplift Desk. Headquartered in Austin, BigCommerce has offices in London, Kyiv, San Francisco, and Sydney. For more information, please visit www.bigcommerce.com.
BigCommerce seeks to hire as President, an extraordinary go-to-market leader to drive accelerating topline growth and strong profitability. The President will lead BigCommerce’s global strategic and operational expansion with full responsibility for the critical field operations that market, sell, and service our ecommerce subscription plans, which account for roughly 70% of BigCommerce platform revenue. The President also oversees professional services and the merchant cross-sell of partner revenue, which account for the remaining 30% of BigCommerce platform revenue. Primary objectives include achievement of financial targets, leadership of industry-leading marketing and sales teams and processes, and delivery of exceptional customer service and success. The President will directly manage direct reports including the General Managers for the Americas, EMEA, and APAC; Chief Marketing Officer; Chief Operating Officer; and Vice Presidents of Partner Management and Customer Success. The President will report to BigCommerce’s Chief Executive Officer. The role is based at our headquarters in Austin, TX; a remote hire must be able to work from Austin a minimum of two weeks per month, on average.
What You’ll Do:
- Set, communicate, manage, and achieve global and regional financial targets (revenue, opex) for BigCommerce’s core platform subscription sales, professional services, and merchant cross-sell of partner products
- Oversee and build world-class, enterprise-focused capabilities in marketing, sales (SDR, AE, partner, solutions), and customer service (technical support, account management, professional services, training, documentation, community), including well-coordinated go-to-market motions that span them
- Maximize customer success in terms of implementation speed and effectiveness, GMV growth, expansion, and service satisfaction, thereby driving industry-leading retention, NPS/evangelization, and net revenue retention
- Oversee business operations (sales ops, marketing ops, strategic ops, revenue ops, service, business intelligence) and execute a CIO-led multi-year systems transformation
- Outline company-wide strategic requirements for SMB, mid-market and enterprise segment leadership and communicate those cross-functionally, to leadership and the board
- Manage and grow regional business units in the Americas, EMEA, and APAC, along with sub-regional and country teams, and manage them to achieve their customer success and P&L targets
- Build the industry’s leading partner program for digital agencies, systems integrators, and developers; maximize bilateral success at co-selling and co-serving clients
- Play an active role in the industry, including leading key sales wins, speaking at important industry events, building tight relationships with top reference customers, and resolving escalations in support of client success
- Recruit, coach, motivate, and grow outstanding team members in all functions, which today count 500+ FTE (~40% of company FTE)
- Partner closely and effectively with peers on the BigCommerce Senior Leadership Team; communicate frequently and effectively about your team’s performance and market observations; collaborate tightly with peers and work toward shared success
- Partner with CFO to build a scalable go to market organization with healthy sales efficiency results
- Engage and inspire employees across the company in all functions in support of making BigCommerce the best place to work in ecommerce
Who You Are:
- President, CRO, COO, CSO, or CMO of an enterprise software company or leading global digital agency specializing in ecommerce
- Responsible for having built, and/or run, an enterprise business of $500m+ in revenue
- Expert in go-to-market (sales, marketing, service) best practices from one or more companies regarded as exceptional within and outside its industry
- Track record of achieving strong, above-target sales and financial results
- Track record of exceptional organization building, including talent recruitment, development, retention, and engagement
- Master of metrics across each stage of the GTM sales funnel and post-launch net revenue retention
- B2C and/or B2B ecommerce experience – highly valuable
- Strong technical and product acumen – highly valuable
- Non-US, international leadership experience – highly valuable
- Strong cross-functional partner and leader within executive teams
- Highly strategic and an adept problem solver; management consulting background a positive in this regard
- Obsessed with customer success and focused on delivering for the customer, first and foremost, as the priority and foundation for everything we do
- Extraverted leader who thrives in public and internal communications, sales, events, partnership, and 1:1 settings
- Exemplar of BigCommerce’s “bucket two” cultural and company values
Salary and Other Compensation:
The annual starting pay for this position is between $525,000-$889,000 annually, which is reflected in total cash--base salary plus an incentive. Factors affecting starting pay within this range may include geography, skills, education, experience and other qualifications of the successful candidate. This position is also eligible for long-term incentive awards.
Benefits: The Company offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k) salary savings plan, life insurance short & long-term disability insurance, unlimited vacation, 10 holidays, a floating holiday, paid parental leave, paid volunteer days and time for development, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and company sponsored wellness and culture programs including ERGs.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.