Makeswift Product Marketing Manager
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
Makeswift, now a part of BigCommerce (https://www.makeswift.com/blog/makeswift-is-joining-bigcommerce) is looking for a Product Marketing Manager to spearhead our product positioning and messaging strategies while developing marketing campaigns that drive new revenue. You will work closely with the Makeswift founding team, as well as cross-functionally with the relevant teams at BigCommerce to deliver compelling product narratives that resonate with our ICP and differentiate our brand in the market.
What you'll do
- Develop an expert understanding of the Makeswift product, its use cases, and the competitive landscape.
- Craft compelling messaging and positioning that aligns with customer needs and market trends, making complex technical concepts accessible and engaging to our ICP.
- Develop and execute product marketing initiatives that produce results, including developing pricing and packaging for new features and partnering with sales leadership on enablement and deal support.
- Plan and execute product launches, including messaging, content creation, and coordination with marketing channels.
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of product marketing initiatives and adapt strategies as needed.
What we’re looking for
- An experienced software or SaaS professional with 5+ years of marketing experience in a B2B or software-as-a-service (SaaS) environment. Bachelor’s degree, ideally in business or similar field preferred.
- A self-starter who is highly-proactive and capable of independently leading several projects with limited direction.
- A great communicator, skilled at explaining complex technical concepts in a simple and impactful way, both in writing and verbally. You must be able to develop a deep understanding of customer needs and know how to craft messages that resonate and drive engagement.
- A collaborator who thrives on cross-functional teams and is skilled at working with stakeholders from product development, sales, and beyond.
- High technical acumen and a desire to learn new skills. You must be adept at staying ahead of the curve on relevant industry, company, product, or technical knowledge. You should have a basic understanding of HTML, CSS, and modern web frameworks including but not limited to Next.js. The ability to write code is a plus.
- Extreme attention to detail. You can accurately scope out the length and difficulty of tasks and projects, anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks, and quickly develop and maintain schedules.
- Agility and composure. You can remain collected and agile while navigating ambiguity in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Preferred location for this position is the Atlanta Metropolitan area.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.