Senior Solutions Architect - Remote
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin 2024 is looking for a driven Senior Solutions Architect to join our BizApps team to ensure that core business systems are supported, maintained, and continuously improving. The Senior Solution Architect is responsible for providing strategic solution approach, architecture design, recommendation, arbitration, standards & governance to ensure solution integrity, compliance & security for projects and initiatives across BigCommerce in support of our Business Units. As a critical member of the BizApps team, you will be reporting to the Senior Director of Business Technology. As a Senior Architect, you will exercise your strengths in customer engagement, and technology to help clients as they tackle digital business transformations. You will design and architect solutions on our platform for engagements ranging from enterprise-wide transformative digital strategies to tightly focused proofs-of-concept on emerging technologies. The ideal candidate will be an energetic overachiever, with a team-focused, mission-driven mentality, committed to solving challenging problems and doing whatever is necessary to get the job done. We have a fun and intellectually stimulating development culture and are looking for people who have a passion for development across multiple technologies, with a primary focus on the BigCommerce platform and integrations.
What you’ll do:
- Design, build, and architect solutions that support consistent information architecture, visual standards, interaction patterns, and use cases across BigCommerce’s technology stack
- Create architectural designs to guide and contextualize solution development across products, services, projects, and systems (including applications, technologies, processes, and information)
- Provides deliverables like standard definitions, reference models and architecture designs to support architectural governance to assess the impact of new and ongoing technology investment
- Understand and interpret business problems and design technology solutions. Develop an understanding of the business strategy drivers and the business problems to be solved by a given solution
- Translate business and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint to achieve business objectives, and documents all solution architecture design and analysis work
- Assess existing and future solutions requirements and support vendor selection
- Document and communicate post-launch collateral to be used by sustaining teams for reference, which include but are not limited to workflow diagrams, process documents and frequently asked questions
- Raise risks and communicate opportunities to management and stakeholders as they arise
- Collaborate with development team to enhance existing applications and develop new applications
- Provide mentoring and training to associate engineers and Application Support staff on tasks and small projects
- Work directly with a diverse group of teammates and stakeholders to collaboratively uncover requirements, translate them into solutions, and drive development and release
- Challenge your assumptions and dream of solutions to problems others haven’t fully solved for
- Stay ahead of Salesforce and other ecosystem technologies and how their features map to our use cases; promote a culture of knowledge-sharing and a passion for CRM problem solving
- Author clear, actionable technical specifications for your projects, including data models, and process flow diagrams
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems or computer engineering, system analysis, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 8 years of experience creating the technical architecture for complex SaaS implementations.
- 5+ years of experience with an iPaaS solution.
- 5+ years of experience in delivering Martech /Go-to-Market technology solutions (CRM, CMS, CDP, marketing automation)
- 5+ years with Digital Platforms, Hybrid Cloud Architectures, Solution architecture, middleware platforms, Big Data, SaaS, PaaS
- 5+ years in at least two IT solution development disciplines (technical or infrastructure architecture, network management, application development, middleware, database management or cloud development)
- 5+ years of leadership experience in large scale technology architecture definition, and integration of new technologies and solutions
- 5+ years of leading architecture teams in developing architecture road maps, reference architectures, and evangelizing adoption of architecture principles in the design and delivery of technology solutions
- Experience delivering digital platforms or services that involve complex data, transactions or integrations
- Solid understanding of strategic and emerging technology trends, and the practical application of existing and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models
- Solid understanding of product management, agile principles and development methodologies and capability of supporting agile teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt
- Experience developing architecture blueprints, strategies and roadmaps
- Experience delivering presentations to senior-level executives and technical audiences
Nice to Have
- Salesforce.com Certified Architect
- Salesforce.com Certified Developer, Apex
- Experience with Zuora and Workday
- Experience with Marketo or other marketing platforms
- Experience with Salesforce Community and Knowledge
- Experience with large Salesforce Orgs with 750+ users
- Experience with Salesforce CPQ
- Experience with AWS Cloud and integration
- Experience in implementing DevOps, Information security and Open-source tools
- Experience with Scrum
- Understanding of code promotion, version control, continuous integration and ALM processes
- Understanding of Event Driven Architecture and Domain Driven Design principles
**Please submit your resume in English for review. **
- Fluent in English
Compensation: Gross Annual Pesos Base Salary Range: $1,200,000.00 - 1,750,000.00
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.