Internal Audit Analyst - IT
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce is seeking an Internal Audit Analyst – IT to join their Internal Audit team. The Internal Audit Analyst – IT is responsible for planning, executing, and reporting on IT SOX compliance activities including designing, testing and remediation of IT General controls and related areas impacting financial reporting. The position reports to the Manager, Internal Audit – IT, and is an individual contributor role.
What you will do:
- Perform assessments of in-scope systems, processes, and controls to verify that controls are designed appropriately and operating effectively. Assist in the definition of remediation plans, activities, and retesting.
- Performing operating effectiveness testing and ensuring that test results are appropriately documented.
- Analyze the SOX testing results and work with management to identify, document and test remediation plans for identified deficiencies.
- Document results of audit work in accordance with Internal Audit department and the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards.
- Provide regular updates regarding the status of the SOX testing plans, the issues identified, and solutions to address identified deficiencies.
- Facilitate external auditor SOX testing.
- Research and stay current on new technical literature applicable to the internal controls process (e.g., PCAOB guidance, SEC, COSO, COBIT etc.), emerging trends and best practices.
Who you are:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting/Finance or related field.
- Professional certification CPA or CISA.
- 2+ years of IT SOX audit experience.
- Experience with Big 4 audit firm background preferred.
- Proficient in IT general controls, application controls, IT infrastructure security and controls.
- Proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and flowcharting software.
- Knowledge of IIA standards, COSO and COBIT control models.
- Experience with ERP systems, third party applications and internally developed software.
- Experience in working with internal audit software such as AuditBoard, Workiva.
- Experience in the preparation and analysis of audit data through computer aided audit tools such as Excel spreadsheets, ACL.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact well with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly motivated, proactive and ability to work independently.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
This description is intended to serve as a summary of key duties and responsibilities and may not contain a comprehensive list of activities.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.