Technical Project Manager - Remote
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
Do you thrive at leading cross-functional teams? Have you mastered continuously improving and managing Agile software development teams and enjoy the challenge of working in a fast-paced space like e-commerce? Are you a go-getter who loves to get stuff done and is passionate about delivering value to end-users?
We’re in search of a Technical Project Manager to work with our business technology teams and global stakeholders across BigCommerce entities within the Go-To-Market, HR, Product, Finance, and Accounting teams
**To be considered an applicant you must reside in Mexico**
What You’ll Do
- Drive multiple simultaneous projects from start to finish
- Strong familiarity with SOX / IT General Controls (ITGC) technical change management requirements and documentation
- Identify and continuously improve the existing technical delivery processes.
- Manage daily activities of scope management, project, and resource planning, progress tracking, proactive risks and issues management, cross-functional/stakeholder and leadership communication
- Perform Scrum Master duties including facilitating sprint planning, standups, sprint reviews, retrospectives, and release planning
- Provide cross-functional visibility into status, resourcing needs, dependencies, granular requirements, dates, and escalations for projects
- Demonstrate stellar stakeholder management and executive presentation skills
- Create and enforce cross-functional accountability across all business and technical groups & and levels using soft and hard levers
- Lead and inspire your teams; influence everyone around you.
- Collaborate with colleagues within business technology teams and across all other functions
- Apply your hard-earned experience to creatively solve for the desired shared outcome every day
- Make the most of your chops to work with technical and not-so-technical counterparts.
- Contribute to our company culture and collective intelligence.
Who You Are
- 3+ years experience in SaaS technologies running business operations in CRM, Service/support, billing, and financial solutions. A technical project manager leading medium to large software development projects
- Project management, Agile development, and process improvement certifications are a plus (e.g. PMP, ScrumMaster, Lean or Six Sigma)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business, Engineering, Information Systems
- Must demonstrate direct experience using Agile methodologies for managing projects and coaching teams
- Strong bi-lingual English/Spanish both verbal and written
- Strong experience with a variety of tools like GitHub, JIRA, Confluence, Smartsheets, and Google Apps
- Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity, and great follow-through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily.
- Naturally curious. You're innovative, extremely creative, and constantly providing ideas to optimize the process
- Fun. You're a charismatic person who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome
- Pragmatic. You understand the awesomeness and downfalls of Agile, waterfall, and other philosophies & and methodologies - and know what to apply to each situation
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues
- Positive. You know that when like-minded, talented colleagues put their minds to achieving ambitious goals, great things happen. You bring that positivity & and attitude to everything you do
- Problem Solver: You use logic, as well as the imagination, to make sense of a situation and come up with an intelligent solution
- Scrappy. You have an innate, scrappy, and entrepreneurial drive to get things done in a fast-moving environment where things can (and do!) change quickly, priorities compete, and you may not always have all of the details upfront. Nothing gets by you
- A utility player. You're willing to help out wherever needed
**Please submit your resume in English for review. **
- Fluent in English
Compensation: Base Salary
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.