Senior Technical Project Manager - Remote
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce, a “2023" Best Place to Work” is seeking a Senior Project Manager to work with our Business Applications team in an exciting Remote Opportunity in Mexico.
Do you thrive at leading multi-functional teams? Have you mastered continuously improving and leading Agile software development teams and appreciate the challenge of working in a fast-paced space like e-commerce? Are you a go-getter who loves to get stuff done and is passionate about delivering value to end-users? If so, BigCommerce has an invigorating full-time opportunity for someone like you!
Our BizApp Team leads projects/programs across the company. You’ll be collaborating with both internal customers to help define and execute our global business roadmap.
**To be considered an applicant you must reside in Mexico**
What You’ll Do
- Flex your project management skills in scope definition and management, proactive risks, and issues management
- Lead the scrum team using Agile methodology and scrum practices
- Lead the scrum and development teams in self-organization
- Own reporting and communication strategy with the delivery team, multi-functional and executive leadership
- Coaching the scrum team, removing impediments, and creating a culture for teams to be able to deliver at their best
- Drive projects from start to finish and deliver value to our merchants on time, within budget and scope
- Provide experienced support to key partners in managing system and process changes
- Consult and liaise with partners to gather and confirm business requirements and acceptance criteria, test user cases, and assist in the mapping of current and future business processes
- Facilitate user acceptance testing activities for Salesforce functionality rollouts
- Prioritize business requests and negotiate with the business on contending requirements
- Partner with key stakeholders to identify how business requirements can be delivered to ensure improved user experiences and reduced cost and time impacts
- Create and implement multi-functional accountability across all business and technical groups & levels using soft and hard levers
- Analyze and consolidate information to develop solutions to ensure business requirements are achieved
- Facilitating the scrum process and meetings including discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution; assisting with internal and external communication
- Facilitate sprint/increment planning required to meet project or product goals
- Support the product owner and provide education where needed to achieve customer satisfaction
- Resolve conflicts and issues that occur
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible and leading by example
- Use a variety of tools like JIRA, Confluence and Google Apps
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business, Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science
- 7+ years of demonstrated ability as a technical project manager project leading medium to large technical projects for Business Applications (Salesforce, Marketo, Billing, ZenDesk, CPQ etc.)
- 5+ years’ experience in serving as Scrum Master role
- Experience gathering requirements, managing prioritizations and dependencies and reviewing, assessing, and developing business processes.
- Project management, Agile development, process improvement/quality certifications are desired (e.g. PMP, Lean or Six Sigma, Scrum Master Certification)
**Please submit your resume in English for review. **
- Fluent in English
Compensation: Gross Annual Pesos Base Salary Range: $785,000 - $1,000,000
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.