Technical Account Manager
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce, named a 2023 "Best Places to Work" is looking for a Technical Account Manager. In this role, you will operate as the lead technical point of contact for any and all matters specific to your customers and advise some of the most exciting and fastest growing merchants in eCommerce. By developing a trusted advisor relationship with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors you will offer industry leading advocacy, drive client revenue growth, and help our clients Sell More!
What You Will Do
Manage a book of business, including Fortune 500 companies, where you will be responsible for providing our customers with proactive, strategic and operational technical guidance and consultation. Be a technical resource that helps maintain and optimize your customer’s technical ecosystem.Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams to understand, influence, and prioritize new features and the BigCommerce Roadmap ensuring customer success. Develop and maintain Technical account level Run Books that document your customer’s architecture on the BigCommerce platform as well as integrations with third party solutions and applications. Provide your clients with platform configuration support and conduct service reviews, focused on growth measures to mitigate case incidents. Work closely with internal Support teams for case oversight and management, ensuring your client’s cases are aligned in accordance with your client's priorities. Draw upon the collective knowledge within BigCommerce and the e-commerce and SaaS industries to lead technical Best Practice reviews with your clients ensuring they maximize the value from the BigCommerce platform and ecosystem.Partner with your clients to personalize information that is impactful to their BigCommerce store regarding maintenance and product feature releases, as well as future plans centered around the BC Roadmap.Participate in reoccurring business reviews (to Executive Leadership) of your book of business and recommend business plans that result in year over year growth.Communicate clearly the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders.Evaluate your client’s technology environment and recommend apps, integrations, features and partners aligned to your client’s business objectives.Assist with high severity requests or issue escalations as needed, and manage the escalation through resolution.
Who You Are
- 3+ years experience managing the technical aspects of an enterprise portfolio or direct client consulting within a fast paced environment
- Strong understanding of analysis of eCommerce websites for optimization and best practices
- Experience with foundational online marketing principles and best practices in the following areas - SEO, Paid Search, Affiliate, Display Advertising, Conversion Tools, Email Marketing, Social Media, and content (i.e. blogging and videos)
- A customer-focused internal advocate, focused on driving growth throughout the clients life cycle
- Exposure to working closely with Design Agencies, App Developers, Project Managers, and Engineering teams
- Experience with the BigCommerce product is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or computer science related field or equivalent experience required
- Be outspoken and provide feedback to management that results in greater efficiency
- Be ambitious, self-motivated, goal-oriented, highly collaborative and extremely driven
This description is intended to serve as a summary of key duties and responsibilities and may not contain a comprehensive list of activities.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.