Product Support Engineer
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2023 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a Product Support Engineer (Remote - Mexico). In this exciting role, you will assist every area of the business with your expert-level product knowledge and technical ability. You will be responsible for troubleshooting the most complex technical issues encountered by merchants and developers leveraging the best, and most successful, eCommerce platform for growing businesses.
What You’ll Do:
- Use trace analysis, debug skills, code, and proprietary tools to analyze system problems, develop and test solutions for higher priority/more complex issues
- Perform analysis techniques to manage critical situations that involve technically challenging issues
- Execute platform and code tests. Identify and communicate defects through the creation, prioritization, and organization of those defects via an internal tracking system (JIRA); build/lead corrective action plans for these defects as appropriate
- Assist high-value enterprise clients, agencies, and developers with troubleshooting custom API solutions and headless solutions.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of released products and participate in pre-release activities, BETA programs, and ongoing improvement of products
- Work as an extension of the Product and Engineering team, attend Sprint and Release Train meetings and disseminate information to other teams within the organization when necessary
- Communicate and help solve complex issues for our merchants via escalated cases
- Act as a product advocate for customers and provides client perspective/client feedback to the engineering/product team.
- Perform other duties and assignments as required
Who You Are:
- 1-3 years of proven experience in a heavy customer focus position involving and advanced technical knowledge of a companies' products and services
- A BigCommerce expert. You know the platform inside and out. A minimum of 12 months of in-depth experience with the BigCommerce platform
- Has completed BigCommerce API Certification and Stencil Certification
- Exceptional troubleshooting, testing and debugging skills with a deep knowledge of DNS, SSL, and the BigCommerce technical infrastructure
- Ability to self manage to prioritize the most critical needs of the team; exceptional time management, and the ability to work independently
- Intermediate level experience with internal tools (logstash, rundeck); general understanding of code deployment and supporting tools like Github
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Helping people is what you do, and you look forward to helping in any way you can - whether it’s our customer or internal stakeholders
- Teamwork isn't something you just talk about, you believe in it and help keep it going
- Working on complex puzzles and finding out why things tick interest you
- Schedule must be flexible in order to support global teams
- Fluent in English
This description is intended to serve as a summary of key duties and responsibilities and may not contain a comprehensive list of activities.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.
Something looks off?