Scala Software Engineer II, API Platform Team - Remote
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have beenrecognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast-growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores at a fraction of the cost to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce is looking for a Scala Software Engineer for API Platform team. This growing team is looking for an engineer with a strong technical background who will focus on improving the performance, reliability, and features of our API Platform. We use technologies like Scala, gRPC, service mesh, Docker to build one of the fastest and most reliable ecommerce platforms in the world.
BigCommerce offers a dynamic, collaborative environment, helping you expand your skills and take ideas from inception to delivery.
**To be considered an applicant you must reside in Mexico**
What You’ll Do:
- Build our flagship GraphQL API
- Utilize performance optimization techniques to ensure the responsiveness of the platform
- Build new features with a focus on testability, extensibility, and maintainability
- Build highly-available, high-performance, redundant, and scalable distributed systems
- Work closely with stakeholders to improve the architecture while building and scaling back-end services
- Maintain and improve our backend Scala services
- Write code that is high-performance, maintainable, clear, and concise
- Ensure the quality of code from development to production
- Collaborate with the teams located across the Globe
Who You Are:
- 2+ years of professional experience as a Software Engineer
- 1+ years of Scala in a production environment, performance monitoring and tuning is a plus
- Knowledge of object-oriented and functional programming techniques
- Knowledge of highly scalable architectures
- Strong desire to learn new languages, frameworks, best practices and design patterns
- Write code that is performant, fault-tolerant, maintainable, testable and concise
- Participate in code reviews to ensure best practices
- Help to design and implement systems, participate in technical discussions
- Have great attention to detail
- Experience monitoring and operating microservices
- Familiarity with agile methodologies and ticketing systems such as JIRA
What's in it for you:
- Work with modern technologies, cloud development and highly scalable distributed systems
- Work for an international Product company
- Be responsible for development of our flagship GraphQL API, be a part of our success.
- Become an expert in the area and provide high quality Product to the market
- Learn from senior professionals and share knowledge, expertise and good practices to the team
- Private Medical Care
- Training and certification possibilities
- Restricted Stock Units
- Be a part of a fast-growing company
**Please submit your resume in English for review. **
- Fluent in English
Compensation: Base Salary Range: Gross MXN 730,000 - 860,000
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits athttps://careers.bigcommerce.com.
Something looks off?