Head of Payer Partnerships
Better Health Supplies
Better Health is creating a new kind of care platform, built on peer-to peer-connection. Our solution bundles peer coaching, education, and home delivery of medical supplies for people with chronic conditions. We don’t just help our members discover and purchase the best medical supplies. We provide support that they can’t get anywhere else, and match them with a peer coach who lives with the same condition. The result? Improved mental health, reduced overutilization of care, and a 97% customer satisfaction rating.
Better Health is a national provider serving Medicare, Medicaid and commercial populations. We are backed by Caffeinated Capital, Mastry Ventures, General Catalyst, 8VC, Bill Ackman, and a group of experienced founders and operators.
In the past year, we’ve expanded upon our successful direct-to-consumer business and we are working with payers in managed care partnerships with assigned populations. We are seeking an experienced sales leader to help take us to the next step of growth. We’re looking for a hands-on player-coach to bring in new payer relationships and win contracts with new payers. You will also set the strategy and ultimately build the right team to continue growing this channel. .
We’re looking for a passionate, super organized, relationship builder with deep existing relationships and a proven track record of building a pipeline and closing deals in the health insurance space. This role reports to our CEO and will be a member of our Senior Leadership Team
So, what will you do as our Head of Payer Partnerships?
- Build pipeline: Identify ideal payer partners, reach out, engage, and build relationships that lead to managed care contracts with an assigned population.
- Close and launch deals: Run full funnel management of deal through commitment, contracting, and laumch. Handle contract negotiation and kick-off implementation launch with payer partners.
- Spearhead strategy: Continuously refine the strategy and vision for how Better Health works with payers, and how we communicate our value
- Work cross-functionally with stakeholders across the organization (Marketing, Operations, Product) to develop the strategies to improve engagement and outcomes in order to optimize payer partnerships.
- Train, and lead the payer partnerships team. Hold an individual and team quotas, set targets, and drive the team towards success.
- Be part of a dynamic, diverse, and collaborative environment that combines a strong analytical orientation with out-of-the-box creative thinking.
Sounds exciting? We’re looking for YOU, if you have:
- 15+ years of Healthcare expertise specifically around developing partnerships with national payers (e.g United, Aetna, Cigna, etc) as well as regional health plans
- Bonus for understanding the DME ecosystem.
- Proven track record of hitting and exceeding your sales quotas for building a pipeline of new deals and closing/launching deals
- Experience leading a team that has a track record of hitting their quota is a bonus
- Excellent collaboration skills to work with people to get the right things done.
- Fantastic communication with the ability to influence and build consensus across all disciplines and levels.
- Strong quantitative and problem-solving skills; high attention to detail and extraordinary organizational skills.
- A growth mindset; always open to learning, a good listener, and collaborator.
- Love traveling and building relationships in-person
What will you accomplish in your first 100 days?
- Leverage existing relationships to add a dozen new payers to our existing payer partnership pipeline with the opportunity for an assigned population.
- Manage the contract negotiation process for multiple in-flight deals and expedite the timeline to get us to the place of bringing on new members through the partners.
- Refine our messaging to payers to ensure that we are focused on the most impactful areas of our business and drive us to pivot where needed.
- Pull us forward in existing deals that are in the early stage process and get them closer to a signed contract.
Now, why choose Better Health?
For starters, our benefits include:
- Competitive Salary + equity package
- Healthcare & Dental
- Discretionary PTO
- Full Remote Flexibility
- Joining a leadership team that is smart, driven, caring and passionate about improving the lives of those living with chronic conditions
If you're fired up at the thought of revitalizing a tired $80 billion industry and passionate about user-focused solutions, join us!
Better Health is committed to being an employer that provides not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Here at Better Health, we are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.