Community Manager (Member Happiness)
Beauty Pie is disrupting the beauty industry. Our aim is simple: provide beauty and health lovers the highest quality health and beauty products, made by the world’s best laboratories. As the first luxury beauty and wellness buyers’ club, our products are sold directly to our members without the prohibitive industry mark-ups. Technology powers everything that we do, and contributes to making our business model unique!
As part of our team? You’ll learn a lot. (We’re all learning a lot.) You’ll be multi-tasking, you’ll make some great decisions and some bad ones. You’ll have highs and lows. It won’t be easy (because that would be boring). But you’ll be moving fast, identifying and solving problems, iterating and evolving, and you’ll bring your best to the game. In fact, it’s not very often you get an opportunity like this - to help grow a great brand, for a rocketship of a business that will scale in size and go global. One that thrills its customers. And delivers happiness. We'll be asking for your input, experience, teamwork, ideas, and camaraderie, while we navigate the unknown, the mysterious and the upside together!
Description of the role
You will be a key member of the Social and Community team within Member Happiness at Beauty Pie. The Community Manager will be responsible for creating brand loyalty and customer advocacy by supporting our members' personas on social and actively engaging with the brand’s social community on and offline. Whilst using analytics tools to monitor social media outlets, online forums and blogs, to use to feed back to the brand and grow our community.
This is an incredibly exciting opportunity to join our team. On a day to day basis, you will be responsible for:
- Contributing to planning, implementing and delivering on the social and community strategy to align with business OKRs that is globally scalable
- Daily management of our social channels and community through monitoring comments and sentiment, driving engagement and encouraging the Beauty Pie conversation
- Conveying customer feedback through reporting to relevant team members
- Enhancing and conveying consistent brand personality through engagement
- Crisis management across all social channels and brand social presence
- Keeping up to date with developments in social, both technologically and trends, and briefing the wider team regularly on relevant development
- Reporting on community engagement and provides comprehensive reports on what our community looks like and what trends are. Advises on potential opportunities and risks
- Looking at how we can leverage our members to be ‘brand ambassadors’ and further the voice of the brands through the already converted
- Assisting the Social and Community Associates in ensuring we are answering our communities wants
- Looking for different ways of surprising and delighting our members and ensuring they are our ‘ambassadors’
- Managing UGC, curating the correct content on our website and social platforms
- Managing community competitions and supporting team with associated deliverables
We believe it's all about mindset, great skills and attitude and a fantastic work ethic being key. If you’re aligned to our values, excited about the opportunity, and you’re really good at what you do (even if you don’t tick all the boxes) apply anyway! *
- Experience in social and community management, including experience of managing direct reports
- Previous experience in leading e-commerce social media teams
- Ability to apply market research and development methods to learn and understand emerging trends and technologies across Social Media and communicate this to senior stakeholders clearly and concisely
- Copywriting skills for digital channels, understanding the brand tone of voice
- Excellent understanding of the beauty industry is preferable
- Insightful analysis and reporting on performance
*The stated experience and background is a guide and does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated.
Our culture is our DNA. It defines who we are, how we operate and how we hire based on our values:
- Bring Your ‘A’ Game - take ownership & accountability, make shit happen, grow, support, evolve, invent, be open minded
- Be Intelligently Rebellious - challenge the status quo, push boundaries, embrace change and think big
- Be Customer Obsessed - listen & learn, take ownership, act fast, be humble & empathetic, build & keep trust, be grateful for feedback
- It’s All For One (& One For All) - take advantage of collective intelligence, act with integrity, support & challenge, embrace individuality, do right by our company, our members, our colleagues & our environment
As always, there are a few perks
- Free Membership to Beauty Pie + 20% off our products💄
- A piece of Beauty Pie with Share options 🥧
- Private Medical Insurance ⛑
- Contributory Pension Scheme (UK) 401k Scheme (US) 💰
- Life Assurance at 4 x annual salary 🙏
- Regular social events 🎯
- An allowance to set up your home office 🖥
- 25 days holiday (UK) 22 days vacation (US) 🏝
- Your birthday off 🎂
- Flexible bank holidays (You choose them!) ⏰
- 60 days work from anywhere worldwide 🌍
- Access to mental health support through Spill 🧠
- £2,500 / $2,500 to spend on your fertility journey after 2 years service 👶
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to be part of an inspirational, international and talented team.
Beauty Pie is an equal opportunity employer. The company will not unlawfully discriminate on grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability or age, pregnancy or trade union membership.
Please let us know, if you require reasonable adjustments at any point during the application and/or recruitment process.
Something looks off?