Data Analyst (Contract)
Beauty Pie is disrupting the beauty industry. Our aim is simple: provide beauty and health lovers the highest quality health and beauty products, made by the world’s best laboratories. As the first luxury beauty and wellness buyers’ club, our products are sold directly to our members without the prohibitive industry mark-ups. Technology powers everything that we do, and contributes to making our business model unique!
As part of our team? You’ll learn a lot. (We’re all learning a lot.) You’ll be multi-tasking, you’ll make some great decisions and some bad ones. You’ll have highs and lows. It won’t be easy (because that would be boring). But you’ll be moving fast, identifying and solving problems, iterating and evolving, and you’ll bring your best to the game. In fact, it’s not very often you get an opportunity like this - to help grow a great brand, for a rocketship of a business that will scale in size and go global. One that thrills its customers. And delivers happiness. We'll be asking for your input, experience, teamwork, ideas, and camaraderie, while we navigate the unknown, the mysterious and the upside together!
Description of the role
We have two exciting projects in our Commercial Finance division for a seasoned Contract Data Analyst. The individual will be responsible for assisting in the transition of reporting transactions, membership, and promotions from one back-end system to another while ensuring the continuity of financial reporting and analysis. In addition, they will support the Month End, Quarterly, and Board reporting and analysis.
This is a 6 month contract and falls outside of IR35 with the potential to extend on the business needs.
This is an incredibly exciting opportunity to join our team. On a day to day basis, you will be responsible for:
- Drive the transition of reporting transactions, membership, and promotions from our existing back-end system to a new system, ensuring a seamless transition with minimal disruption to financial reporting and analysis.
- Support Month End, Quarterly, and Board reporting and analysis, providing valuable insights and recommendations.
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing, NPD, Strategy & Commercial, Operations, Product Engineering, and Merchandising teams, ensuring they have the necessary financial data for decision making.
- Liaise with external data vendors to ensure our financial data is accurate, consistent, and useful.
- Provide ad hoc and ongoing financial reporting to drive decision-making for revenue growth, member retention, and other key metrics.
- Develop and maintain dashboards and metrics in Tableau for self-service by stakeholders within the business.
We believe it's all about mindset, great skills and attitude and a fantastic work ethic being key. If you’re aligned to our values, excited about the opportunity, and you’re really good at what you do (even if you don’t tick all the boxes) apply anyway! *
The successful candidate would ideally have:
- University degree or equivalent, preferably in a quantitative field (such as economics, mathematics, engineering, finance, etc.)
- At least 2 years of experience in a finance analyst role, experience in a high growth ecommerce business would be a significant advantage.
- Proven experience in project-based roles, particularly with system migration and financial reporting.
- Strong problem-solving skills, a highly analytical and commercial mindset.
- Strong BI experience: SQL (Snowflake or similar) and Tableau (or similar BI tool).
Additional experience that is not required but would be an advantage:
- Experience with analytics engineering, including DBT (or similar ELT tools).
- Familiarity with Python or R to manipulate data and build simple models (Python is preferred).
- Experience using Google Analytics for reporting.
- Experience working with Netsuite.
- Knowledge of or experience in econometrics, and/or marketing mix modeling.
*The stated experience and background is a guide and does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated.
Our culture is our DNA. It defines who we are, how we operate and how we hire based on our values:
- Bring Your ‘A’ Game - take ownership & accountability, make shit happen, grow, support, evolve, invent, be open minded
- Be Intelligently Rebellious - challenge the status quo, push boundaries, embrace change and think big
- Be Customer Obsessed - listen & learn, take ownership, act fast, be humble & empathetic, build & keep trust, be grateful for feedback
- It’s All For One (& One For All) - take advantage of collective intelligence, act with integrity, support & challenge, embrace individuality, do right by our company, our members, our colleagues & our environment
As always, there are a few perks
- Free Membership to Beauty Pie + 20% off our products💄
- A piece of Beauty Pie with Share options 🥧
- Private Medical Insurance ⛑
- Contributory Pension Scheme (UK) 401k Scheme (US) 💰
- Life Assurance at 4 x annual salary 🙏
- Regular social events 🎯
- An allowance to set up your home office 🖥
- 25 days holiday (UK) 22 days vacation (US) 🏝
- Your birthday off 🎂
- Flexible bank holidays (You choose them!) ⏰
- 60 days work from anywhere worldwide 🌍
- Access to mental health support through Spill 🧠
- £2,500 / $2,500 to spend on your fertility journey after 2 years service 👶
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to be part of an inspirational, international and talented team.
Beauty Pie is an equal opportunity employer. The company will not unlawfully discriminate on grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability or age, pregnancy or trade union membership.
Please let us know, if you require reasonable adjustments at any point during the application and/or recruitment process.
Something looks off?