Director - Quality Assurance
ABOUT THE ROLE: Manager, Quality Assurance
We are looking for an experienced QA Manager to help build, lead, and mentor our first QA team in Bangalore! The ideal individual will possess a mix of leadership and technical skills to help drive day-to-day quality assurance operations and strategy; participate in interviewing, hiring and onboarding new QA team members; assist with testing and debugging software; and set quality standards and communicate them to their team.
- Team Leadership: Manage and guide a team of skilled QA engineers and provide guidance and support in their day-to-day activities. Foster a collaborative and inclusive team culture and promote professional growth and development within the QA team.
- Test Automation: Drive test automation initiatives to improve test coverage and increase overall efficiency. Identify opportunities for automation and implement appropriate tools and frameworks. Ensure that GUI and APIs are functional in each release by designing, developing, and performing automated testing in Python to reduce repeated manual testing in the same areas and increase overall test coverage.
- Quality Assurance Strategy: Develop and implement a comprehensive QA strategy, including test plans, methodologies, and best practices. Continuously improve our QA processes to ensure high-quality product releases and superior customer experiences.
- Test Planning and Execution: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product management and development, to define test objectives, scope, and timelines. Design and execute test plans, test cases, and test scripts to ensure thorough coverage of functional and non-functional requirements.
- Defect Management: Establish robust defect management processes, including accurate defect tracking, prioritization, and resolution. Collaborate with development teams to identify root causes and facilitate timely bug fixes.
- Metrics and Reporting: Track and report on key quality metrics to measure QA team performance and product quality. Provide regular status updates to senior management and stakeholders regarding QA activities, bugs, and test results.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field.
- 5+ years of QA Leadership experience
- Proven experience as a QA Manager or similar role, with a track record of leading and growing successful QA teams.
- Strong knowledge of software quality assurance methodologies, tools, and best practices.
- Experience in test planning, test case design, and test execution for complex software systems.
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies and exposure to continuous integration and deployment practices.
- Proficiency in test management tools and defect tracking systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong supervisory and leadership abilities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Prior experience in Github/Jenkins/building and maintaining CI/CD Pipelines for daily automation regression testing
- Prior working experience Network testing, Routing protocols and/or security testing
- Prior working experience on one or more Cloud Service Providers (AWS, Azure, GCP, OCI, Alibaba cloud, etc.) is a plus
- Proficiency in Python or GoLang
- Prior experience building Automation teams
US: We cover 100% of employee premiums and 88% of dependent(s) premiums for medical, dental and vision coverage, 401(k) match, short and long-term disability, life/AD&D insurance, $1,000/year education reimbursement, and a flexible vacation policy.
Outside the US: We offer a comprehensive benefits package which, (subject to regional variations) could include pension, private medical for you and dependents, generous holiday allowance, life assurance, long-term disability, annual wellbeing stipend
Your total compensation package will be based on job-related knowledge, education, certifications and location, per our aligned ranges.
Aviatrix, the pioneer of Secure Cloud Networking, optimizes business-critical application availability, performance, security, and cost with multicloud networking software that delivers a simplified and consistent enterprise-grade operational model in and across cloud service providers. Combined with the Aviatrix Certified Engineer (ACE) program, the industry’s first and only multicloud networking certification, innovative enterprises are transforming their business by upgrading their cloud networking with Aviatrix. Learn more at www.aviatrix.com.
WE WANT TO INCLUDE YOU
We embrace the fact that not everyone’s journey took the same route or started at the same place. If your experience doesn’t quite meet the requirements but the opportunity excites you and you believe you could be great, don’t let that hold you back from applying. Tell us what you CAN bring and what makes you special.
Aviatrix is a community where everyone's career can grow and we want to help you achieve your goals and be “your best YOU,” however that looks. If you're seeking an opportunity where you can be excited to start work every morning with enthusiastic people, make a real difference and be part of something amazing then let’s talk. We want to get to know you and how we could grow together.
Aviatrix, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not make hiring decisions based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.