Staff Technical Writer - US/Canada Remote
About the Role: Staff Technical Writer (US/Canada Remote)
You are a person who loves learning about new technology and sharing what you know through your writing. The challenge of being a student one day and a teacher the next appeals to your inquisitive and educative nature. You understand the cloud networking audience and can’t wait to get your hands on new applications to try them out for yourself. The identity you share with your audience drives you to make sure they have all the information they need to succeed and makes you a great customer advocate.
- Developing product user documentation for cloud networking IT and DevOps audiences.
- Outlining the concepts, procedures, and reference materials required to support a positive documentation experience for the customer.
- Writing conceptual and instructional content including:
- Platform and feature overviews.
- Network planning and workflows.
- Solution implementation and best practice guides.
- Procedures for deploying, configuring, and managing the Aviatrix platform features and ecosystem.
- Interviewing subject experts from development and support teams to define the customer requirements for writing projects.
- Providing incremental development reviews for subject experts and wide audience reviews of mature drafts to ensure the content is accurate, complete, and satisfies customer needs.
- Using the Aviatrix platform to guide, test, and verify the content you create.
- Creating screen shots, flow charts, and network topology diagrams.
- Communicating the status of projects to team members.
- Writing clear and concise documentation prolifically.
- Assessing customer requirements for your documentation projects.
- Quickly learning about new technical features, concepts, and procedures.
- Attention to detail and the tenacity to track down answers to questions.
- Reducing complex technical processes to easily understood concepts that are appropriate for the defined audience.
- Prefer familiarity with CI/CD documentation processes.
- Prefer familiarity with creating content using IDE tools and GitHub repositories.
- Installing, configuring, and using enterprise networking software products and cloud services.
- Understanding of networking principles and cloud services.
- Using screen capture, simple graphics, and network diagraming applications.
- Using Jira or similar bug database tool to track issues and communicate the status of tasks.
- Using Microsoft Office tools and SharePoint for internal company communications.
- Over 10 years of writing technical documentation for enterprise network and security software users and developers.
- Installing, configuring, and managing the enterprise software products in your portfolio.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications or Computer Science preferred. Applicants with other degrees and over 10 years senior technical writing experience will be considered.
- Training and certifications for technical or writing achievements are a plus.
We are a Secure Cloud Networking company that optimizes business-critical application availability, performance, security, and cost with multicloud networking software that delivers a simplified and consistent enterprise-grade operational model in and across cloud service providers. Combined with the Aviatrix Certified Engineer (ACE) program, the industry’s first and only multicloud networking certification, innovative enterprises are transforming their business by upgrading their cloud networking with Aviatrix. Learn more at www.aviatrix.com.
US Pay Range
The US annual base salary range for this full-time position is $180,000-$240,000 + benefits + 401(k) match + equity. The pay range is determined by the role, work location, job-related skills, level, experience and relevant education. [Certain roles are eligible to earn sales commission, depending on the terms of the applicable plan.] The range displayed is the minimum and maximum target base salary and is applicable only for new hires for the listed position located in the US. Your Talent Advisor can share more details regarding salary ranges, benefits, and equity for your location during the hiring process.
US: We cover 100% of employee premiums and 88% of dependent(s) premiums for medical, dental and vision coverage, 401(k) match, short and long-term disability, life/AD&D insurance, $1,000/year education reimbursement, and a flexible vacation policy.
Outside the US: We offer a comprehensive benefits package which, (subject to regional variations) could include pension, private medical for you and dependents, generous holiday allowance, life assurance, long-term disability, annual wellbeing stipend
Your total compensation package will be based on job-related knowledge, education, certifications and location, per our aligned ranges.
Aviatrix, the pioneer of Secure Cloud Networking, optimizes business-critical application availability, performance, security, and cost with multicloud networking software that delivers a simplified and consistent enterprise-grade operational model in and across cloud service providers. Combined with the Aviatrix Certified Engineer (ACE) program, the industry’s first and only multicloud networking certification, innovative enterprises are transforming their business by upgrading their cloud networking with Aviatrix. Learn more at www.aviatrix.com.
WE WANT TO INCLUDE YOU
We embrace the fact that not everyone’s journey took the same route or started at the same place. If your experience doesn’t quite meet the requirements but the opportunity excites you and you believe you could be great, don’t let that hold you back from applying. Tell us what you CAN bring and what makes you special.
Aviatrix is a community where everyone's career can grow and we want to help you achieve your goals and be “your best YOU,” however that looks. If you're seeking an opportunity where you can be excited to start work every morning with enthusiastic people, make a real difference and be part of something amazing then let’s talk. We want to get to know you and how we could grow together.
Aviatrix, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not make hiring decisions based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.