Principal Software Engineer - Networking
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Aviatrix Networking Product Engineng team is responsible for delivering performant, resilient, and scalable solutions to our gateway appliances. This includes infrastructure for messaging, upgrade, high availability, as well as networking and security features that contribute to the Aviatrix, end to end multi-cloud solution.
We are searching for a Principal Software Engineer to join the Networking team. You will be responsible for solving new challenges in multi cloud networks, connecting cloud to the edge with security, providing leadership to junior engineers. This position offers flexibility of working remote in the US or Hybrid in Santa Clara, CA.
- Design core software components
- Code using primarily Python and Golang
- Interface with other teams to deliver features end-to-end
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system components
- Complete large features independently without guidance
- Proactively identify and drive changes as needed for the product
- 12+ years relevant experience building enterprise-grade appliances at scale or similar experience
- 5+ years of experience designing and delivering features independently without guidance
- Proficiency in Golang (preferred) or Python
- Experience with Routing protocols like BGP
- Experience with Software Define Networking and distributed systems
- Experience with overlays and tunneling technologies
- Excellent software engineering skills: ability to write clean, testable, and maintainable code
- Team player that works well in collaborative situations and start-up environments
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal, and written communication
Nice to have:
- Experience working with Linux networking, kernel modules or eBPF Experience drafting and reviewing RFCs or collaborating with working groups and committees
- Security protocol experience, (e.g., IPsec, SSL, Authentication and Authorization, firewall)
- Prior working experience on one or more Cloud Service Providers (AWS, Azure, GCP, OCI, Alibaba cloud, etc.) is a plus
US Pay Range:
The US annual base salary range for this full-time position is $205,000 -$290,000 + benefits + 401(k) match + equity. The pay range is determined by the role, work location, job-related skills, level, experience and relevant education. [Certain roles are eligible to earn sales commission, depending on the terms of the applicable plan.] The range displayed is the minimum and maximum target base salary and is applicable only for new hires for the listed position located in the US. Your Talent Advisor can share more details regarding salary ranges, benefits, and equity for your location during the hiring process.
US: We cover 100% of employee premiums and 88% of dependent(s) premiums for medical, dental and vision coverage, 401(k) match, short and long-term disability, life/AD&D insurance, $1,000/year education reimbursement, and a flexible vacation policy.
Outside the US: We offer a comprehensive benefits package which, (subject to regional variations) could include pension, private medical for you and dependents, generous holiday allowance, life assurance, long-term disability, annual wellbeing stipend
Your total compensation package will be based on job-related knowledge, education, certifications and location, per our aligned ranges.
Aviatrix, the pioneer of Secure Cloud Networking, optimizes business-critical application availability, performance, security, and cost with multicloud networking software that delivers a simplified and consistent enterprise-grade operational model in and across cloud service providers. Combined with the Aviatrix Certified Engineer (ACE) program, the industry’s first and only multicloud networking certification, innovative enterprises are transforming their business by upgrading their cloud networking with Aviatrix. Learn more at www.aviatrix.com.
WE WANT TO INCLUDE YOU
We embrace the fact that not everyone’s journey took the same route or started at the same place. If your experience doesn’t quite meet the requirements but the opportunity excites you and you believe you could be great, don’t let that hold you back from applying. Tell us what you CAN bring and what makes you special.
Aviatrix is a community where everyone's career can grow and we want to help you achieve your goals and be “your best YOU,” however that looks. If you're seeking an opportunity where you can be excited to start work every morning with enthusiastic people, make a real difference and be part of something amazing then let’s talk. We want to get to know you and how we could grow together.
Aviatrix, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not make hiring decisions based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.