Director, Business Operations - Pacific Time Zone
We are a fast-growing pre-IPO enterprise software start-up seeking a Business Operation Leader to join our dynamic team. As a Business Operation Leader, you will play a pivotal role in driving operational efficiency, managing day-to-day business activities, and ensuring smooth workflow across various departments. This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to the growth and success of our company while gaining valuable experience in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Process Optimization: Identify, evaluate, and enhance existing business processes to ensure optimal efficiency and effectiveness. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to streamline workflows and eliminate bottleneck
- Project Management: Lead and oversee the planning, execution, and successful delivery of strategic projects. Develop project plans, allocate resources, track progress, and collaborate with functions to ensure timely completion
- Performance Metrics: Establish and monitor key performance metrics (KPI) to assess the success of operational initiatives and health of the business. Identify areas for improvement and proactively address challenges to drive continuous improvement.
- Strategy Implementation: Collaborate with senior leadership to translate business strategies into actionable plans. Drive and manage the implementation of initiatives that align with company goals and objectives.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Foster strong relationships with various functions, including Sales, Marketing, Product Development, and Finance. Act as a liaison to ensure effective communication and alignment of efforts.
- Change Management and ad hoc projects: Lead change management efforts to ensure smooth adoption of new processes, tools, or technologies. Act as an internal consulting team to functional leaders on ad hoc basis depending on the business needs.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Operations Management, or a related field (Master's degree preferred).
- Minimum 10 years of experience in business operations or related fields, preferably in a software start-up or technology-driven environment.
- Solid understanding of operational processes and methodologies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a proven ability to identify and resolve complex operational challenges.
- Excellent leadership and team management abilities, with a track record of successfully leading cross-functional teams to achieve business goals.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and influence stakeholders at all levels.
- Knowledge and experience of Software as a Service (SaaS) business model and enterprise software is a plus.
- Proficiency in project management and productivity tools
- Proactive and adaptable, with a strong focus on achieving results in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
US: We cover 100% of employee premiums and 88% of dependent(s) premiums for medical, dental and vision coverage, 401(k) match, short and long-term disability, life/AD&D insurance, $1,000/year education reimbursement, and a flexible vacation policy.
Outside the US: We offer a comprehensive benefits package which, (subject to regional variations) could include pension, private medical for you and dependents, generous holiday allowance, life assurance, long-term disability, annual wellbeing stipend
Your total compensation package will be based on job-related knowledge, education, certifications and location, per our aligned ranges.
Aviatrix, the pioneer of Secure Cloud Networking, optimizes business-critical application availability, performance, security, and cost with multicloud networking software that delivers a simplified and consistent enterprise-grade operational model in and across cloud service providers. Combined with the Aviatrix Certified Engineer (ACE) program, the industry’s first and only multicloud networking certification, innovative enterprises are transforming their business by upgrading their cloud networking with Aviatrix. Learn more at www.aviatrix.com.
WE WANT TO INCLUDE YOU
We embrace the fact that not everyone’s journey took the same route or started at the same place. If your experience doesn’t quite meet the requirements but the opportunity excites you and you believe you could be great, don’t let that hold you back from applying. Tell us what you CAN bring and what makes you special.
Aviatrix is a community where everyone's career can grow and we want to help you achieve your goals and be “your best YOU,” however that looks. If you're seeking an opportunity where you can be excited to start work every morning with enthusiastic people, make a real difference and be part of something amazing then let’s talk. We want to get to know you and how we could grow together.
Aviatrix, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not make hiring decisions based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.