Principal Technical Lead (TL) - Data Pipeline
About The Role
We are searching for a Principal Technical Lead (TL) for the Aviatrix Data Pipeline team. The data pipeline team develops and maintains the infrastructure to collect telemetry at scale by building highly performant real-time data pipelines. Aviatrix unique position in enterprise cloud environments presents a unique set of technical challenges for the collection, transformation, and transmission of data across a varied architectural landscape. The team's products enable the development of data driven products in the Aviatrix suite of networking and security features enabling our end-to-end multi-cloud solution.
As a Principal Technical Lead (TL), you will lead a small team of talented collaborative software engineers focused on developing and implementing robust and scalable systems to collect, process and analyze network data. In this role, you will shape, design, and build innovative new data pipelines of that scale. You will have an opportunity to make a significant impact because there is a short time-to-market cycle, and your code will be touched by every Aviatrix enterprise customer.
What You’ll Do
- Architecture/Design: You will be responsible for designing and architecting the data pipeline infrastructure needed for network analytics including data collection, storage, and processing components to ensure scalability, reliability, and performance of the pipeline.
- Collection Data: You will lead and coordinate with other engineers to identify and collect relevant data from network devices, such as routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Data Processing: You will lead and develop algorithms, processes to transform and cleanse the raw network data. This may involve parsing, normalizing, aggregating, and enriching the data to make it suitable for analysis.
- Integration with Analytics Tools: You will have expertise in integrating the data pipeline with various analytics tools and platforms such as data visualization tools and ML
- Performance Optimization: You will be responsible for optimizing the data pipeline to handle large volumes of network data efficiently, minimizing latency and maximizing throughput. This may involve parallel processing, distributed computing and leveraging cloud
- Quality Control – you will be responsible for implementing data quality checks and validation mechanisms to ensure the accuracy, consistency and completeness of the network data flowing through the pipeline.
- Monitoring and Maintenance – you will lead in setting up monitoring tools and techniques to monitor the health and performance of the data pipeline.
- Collaboration and Leadership – as the Technical Software Lead, you will work closely with cross–functional team
- 10+ years of software development in building large-scale Data Analytics solutions.
- 3+ years of hands-on engineering leadership
- Proficiency in Golang (preferred) or Python
- Proficiency with common telemetry frameworks (Prometheus, Open Telemetry)
- Proficiency with big data pipeline technologies (g., Logstash, FluentD, Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, Storm, Spark, Flink)
- Domain knowledge in networking: (OSI stack, BGP, IP, TCP, UDP, HTTP, DNS; Linux network stack, SDN, network automation)
- Experience with ML libraries (Scikit-learn, Pytorch, Tensorflow or Keras)
- Experience with Cloud Platforms a plus
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Statistics, or equivalent
- Past delivery of large-scale Data Analytics solutions for complex networking problems or environments
- You have prior experience working on distribution systems
- You have experience with production operations and good practices for putting quality code in production and troubleshoot issues when they arise
- Take initiative and be responsible for delivering complex software by working effectively with the team and other stakeholders
- You feel at home communicating technical ideas verbally and in writing (technical proposals, design specs, architecture diagrams and presentations)
US Pay Range
The US annual base salary range for this full-time position is $205,000-$300,00 + benefits + 401(k) match + equity. The pay range is determined by the role, work location, job-related skills, level, experience, and relevant education. [Certain roles are eligible to earn sales commission, depending on the terms of the applicable plan.] The range displayed is the minimum and maximum target base salary and is applicable only for new hires for the listed position located in the US. Your Talent Advisor can share more details regarding salary ranges, benefits, and equity for your location during the hiring process.
US: We cover 100% of employee premiums and 88% of dependent(s) premiums for medical, dental and vision coverage, 401(k) match, short and long-term disability, life/AD&D insurance, $1,000/year education reimbursement, and a flexible vacation policy.
Outside the US: We offer a comprehensive benefits package which, (subject to regional variations) could include pension, private medical for you and dependents, generous holiday allowance, life assurance, long-term disability, annual wellbeing stipend
Your total compensation package will be based on job-related knowledge, education, certifications and location, per our aligned ranges.
Aviatrix, the pioneer of Secure Cloud Networking, optimizes business-critical application availability, performance, security, and cost with multicloud networking software that delivers a simplified and consistent enterprise-grade operational model in and across cloud service providers. Combined with the Aviatrix Certified Engineer (ACE) program, the industry’s first and only multicloud networking certification, innovative enterprises are transforming their business by upgrading their cloud networking with Aviatrix. Learn more at www.aviatrix.com.
WE WANT TO INCLUDE YOU
We embrace the fact that not everyone’s journey took the same route or started at the same place. If your experience doesn’t quite meet the requirements but the opportunity excites you and you believe you could be great, don’t let that hold you back from applying. Tell us what you CAN bring and what makes you special.
Aviatrix is a community where everyone's career can grow and we want to help you achieve your goals and be “your best YOU,” however that looks. If you're seeking an opportunity where you can be excited to start work every morning with enthusiastic people, make a real difference and be part of something amazing then let’s talk. We want to get to know you and how we could grow together.
Aviatrix, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not make hiring decisions based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.