Marketing & Communications
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2024
The trucking and logistics industry provides the backbone of the economy. But the payments infrastructure on which it runs is broken. For the hard-working men and women of this sector, the existing suite of payment tools is outdated, difficult to use, prone to fraud, and saddled with shady fee structures. The incumbent players in this space often overlook the economic and practical needs of this user base.
We're changing that. AtoB is building Stripe for Transportation — modernizing the payments infrastructure for trucking and logistics. Supply chains rely on the timely movement of capital to function efficiently. Our end game is a world in which that capital movement occurs fairly, smoothly, and without delay. As we pursue that end game, we aim to center our customers in every way — offering them world-class customer experience and building products that work with and around the unique constraints of their daily lives. We build for fleet managers in the office and drivers on the road. We strive for products that are efficient, satisfying, and useful. Our customers enable our modern economy — they deserve it.
Our history and background
Our founding team has backgrounds in payments, working on autonomous vehicles at Cruise Automation, leading ops and growth for Uber, and building apps that were featured on the Apple app store. We have staff and senior engineers from Google, Uber, Meta, Shopify, Affirm, and other leading technology companies.
We have raised over $100 million in venture capital from investors such as General Catalyst, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator; founders and CEOs of companies like Google (Eric Schmidt), Salesforce (Marc Benioff), Coinbase, DoorDash, Instacart, Mozilla, Wealthfront, Segment, Gusto, Figma; CxOs and founding team members of Uber, PayPal and Stripe; angels like Elad Gil, Naval Ravikant, Gokul Rajaram; and other funds such as Climate Capital, Contrary Capital, Collaborative Fund, Designer Fund, Human Capital, Leadout, XYZ Capital, among others.
We were named to Forbes annual Next Billion-Dollar Startup List, and have just recently been selected to join the World Economic Forum as a Global Innovator.
About the role:
Ready to tap into the ultra-creative side and create content for an exciting brand with endless content opportunities? Join us as our Content Marketing Manager, where we're on the lookout for a writer with a strategic mindset, experience in social media and loves to develop compelling lead generating content. If you're passionate about making content stand out, and transforming our brand into a storytelling machine, this role is for you.
How do you know if you're the right candidate? To start, you love to write. Storytelling and a passion to reach readers and engage them in as many different forms as possible is the reason you love to come to work. You have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment and want to elevate strategy and speed of execution.
You combine both a strong ownership mentality with the ability to be a great teammate and internal collaborator. You also have a passion and experience in fintech, bonus points if you’ve worked in trucking and logistics!
What You'll Be Doing:
- Create content that is smart as it is engaging, speaking to the right personas, aligning with our brand voice and business goals across channels like web, social, email, success and sales.
- Be the teammate who overflows with great new content ideas and brings them to life to keep our approach fresh and innovative.
- Collaborate with internal teams to understand all aspects of our business and transform mundane content into compelling copy that aligns to our brand pillars and company mission.
- Keep our content coordinated with a simple and clear content calendar that gives us visibility across blogs, social, emails, smoke signals, and any other way we try to catch our members' attention and connect with them.
- Work to develop the Saltbox Social Media accounts into "must share" and "must follow" feeds.
- Support our PR efforts utilizing content to maximize the effectiveness of earned media. In other words, help make people say, "gosh, I see AtoB everywhere these days!"
- Develop and implement a comprehensive content marketing strategy across all owned media channels, ensuring alignment with the company's growth objectives.
- Manage creating, publishing, and distributing engaging and high-quality content for our blog, website, and social media platforms.
- Oversee SEO efforts to enhance organic visibility and ranking.
- Lead email marketing campaigns from conceptualization to execution, monitoring performance and optimizing for engagement and conversions.
- Direct social media marketing strategies to increase brand awareness and engagement.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to ensure a unified approach to content marketing.
- Analyze content marketing data to understand performance, inform future strategies, and report on ROI.
- Keep abreast of content marketing trends and best practices to improve our strategies continuously.
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Solid collaboration and communication skills
- The ability to be both creative and organized in the way you work
- Strong copywriting and storytelling skills
- A portfolio showcasing content writing ability
- Experience with and knowledge of X, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn and how they're different from one another
- Mastery of managing various project and hitting deadlines
- Experience in a variety of content marketing roles: writer, editor, publisher, strategist
- SEO and social media skills
- Strong analytical skills and a data-driven mindset
- Experience working with design partners and content management systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills