Staff Accountant (contract)
Array is a financial innovation platform that helps digital brands, financial institutions, and fintechs get compelling consumer products to market faster. We deliver a suite of credit and identity monitoring tools, privacy protection, and a financial ads marketplace via embeddable widgets or a clean, modern API. Our private label offerings help drive revenue and increase engagement for our customers while empowering millions of consumers to achieve their financial goals.
As a remote-first company, we’re focused on providing opportunities for high performing individuals to have deep impact in the fast growing fintech space. A clear mission, a commitment to continuous improvement and a willingness to experiment empower us individually and together deliver the best products for our clients and users.
The Staff Accountant at Array will bring foundational knowledge in GAAP accounting. This person will bring a high level of accuracy and efficiency to everything that they do. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills will allow this person to assist the accounting department with various tasks across the business. This position will report to our controller and will be an impactful part of our broader finance team.
- Manage Accounts Receivable and Payable for Array
- Reconcile payments to outstanding invoices and manage processes with internal teams
- Email/phone correspondence with customers and vendors
- Maintain detailed, organized records
- Match receipts to requests and submit for payment approval
- Code expenses to appropriate GL accounts and classes
- Follow up with employees with missing receipts
- Assist with month-end accruals and year-end 1099 preparation
- Adapt to Ad-Hoc requests
- Cross train other accounting functions to serve as backup for vacation requests
- Respond to internal data requests
- Help complete financial statement audit(s)
- Maintain professionalism in a dynamic start-up growth environment
- Bachelor degree in accounting required
- Internship or 1 year of accounting experience preferred
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and proactively with attention to detail
Salary Range: $56,000 - 65,000
The pay range above represents the current low and high end of the compensation band for this position and may change in the future. Actual compensation may vary depending on factors such as candidate skills, qualifications and experience. Other compensation may include equity options and incentives.
Array Offers All Full Time Employees the following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision, premiums covered at 100% for full-time employees and 70% for dependents
- Unlimited PTO and sick leave + 14 company holidays to encourage a healthy work-life blend
- 100% 401k match up to 4% with immediate vesting
- Generous and competitive parental leave for all parents
- $1,000 desk setup subsidy to set-up your unique remote office
- $100/month to subsidize wifi/cell phone expenses
- Summer Fridays (half-day Fridays) from May to September
- Arrayaversary Kits for work anniversaries
Not sure if you meet the Qualifications? We know that folks tend to only apply if they check every box. If you think you have the appropriate qualifications, but don’t meet every single one, we encourage you to still apply. We’d love to hear from you.
One of our core values at Array is to care and support one another, and that’s why we strive to create an environment where everyone feels empowered to bring their best selves to work. Diversity, equity, and inclusion foster collaboration, comfort, and confidence. We’re at our collective best when we each feel our best.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace; we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.