Web Scraping Engineer (Contract)
Array is looking for a great Web Scraping Engineer (Contractor) to join our growing Privacy Protect team. Our Privacy Protect team helps millions of people clean up, protect and improve their online privacy and reputation. Our Privacy API allows enterprises across industries like identity protection, FinTech, banking, antivirus, and cybersecurity to add powerful privacy features to their own offerings through our scalable, industry-leading Privacy APIs and private label partner solutions. Our consumer brands–HelloPrivacy and BrandYourself– help millions of consumers protect their online privacy and reputation and have been featured on ABC's Shark Tank, BBC's Dragons' Den, and numerous other media outlets.
- Automate personal information detection and removal activities on behalf of our customers.
- Implement creative web scraping and stealth techniques to ensure successful operations.
- Have a forward thinking mindset without losing sight of defensive and evasion techniques.
- Develop methods to quickly respond to site changes that impact operation success rates.
- Build POC and pilot projects to try out new defeat techniques prior to larger rollout.
- Define and implement best practices for monitoring and alerting of operation success.
- Train other engineers on stealth technique best practices.
- Create and maintain internal documentation to facilitate learning and growth within the team.
- Been in an automation or web scraping engineering role leveraging puppeteer for 3+ years.
- Strong experience and working knowledge of: Captcha solving, Browser fingerprinting, IP and domain rotations and SSL fingerprinting
- Experience with technologies such as Celery, Pydantic, Playwright, BeautifulSoup, Asyncio, Httpx, and related Python libraries.
- Stayed up to date on stealth techniques and changes in the industry, showcasing deep curiosity.
- Demonstrated experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud, and Azure.
- Showcased web automation skills within a company with significant scale.
- Built and maintained large-scale, resilient systems, demonstrating strong technical expertise.
- Worked effectively in a distributed team environment, highlighting collaborative abilities.
- Thrived in a startup environment, showcasing adaptability and innovation.
- Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills, essential for effective teamwork and collaboration.