About Applied Intuition
Applied Intuition is a vehicle software supplier that accelerates the adoption of safe and intelligent machines worldwide. Founded in 2017, Applied Intuition provides a simulation and validation platform for various industries such as automotive, trucking, construction, and more. 18 of the top 20 global automakers rely on Applied Intuition’s solutions to shorten development cycles, deliver high-quality systems, and accelerate the production of modern vehicles with confidence. Applied Intuition is headquartered in Mountain View, CA, with offices in Ann Arbor, MI, Washington, DC, Munich, Stockholm, Seoul, and Tokyo. Learn more at https://applied.co.
Please note that we are an in-office company, which means the expectation is that you would come in to your Applied Intuition office 5 days a week.
About the role
As a DevSecOps engineer at Applied Intuition, you will play a crucial role in integrating security practices into our software development and operational processes. You will be responsible for enhancing system security, optimizing software deployment, and improving development workflows.
Alongside the rest of the Corporate Security & Infrastructure team, you will work closely with the engineering teams to ensure the operational success and security of our internal software development and external customer deployments. At Applied Intuition, we encourage engineers to take ownership over technical decisions, interact closely with users to collect feedback, and contribute to a thoughtful, dynamic team culture.
At Applied Intuition, you will:
- Instill security standards and best practices in software development and deployment processes
- Develop and maintain CI/CD pipelines for efficient and secure software deployment
- Design and implement security processes and tools across major cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure) as well as on-prem
- Implement and monitor security measures to protect internal and external systems, networks, and data
- Support vulnerability scanning, pen testing and incident response for all cloud services
We're looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years of experience in software development, security, and operations
- Strong understanding of modern secure software development best practices
- Proficiency in CI/CD technologies (e.g. git, buildkite) and secure software deployment
- In-depth knowledge of cloud services (AWS, GCP or Azure) and hands-on experience securing cloud services
- Experience with containerization (Docker), orchestration (kubernetes) and infrastructure as code (e.g. Terraform)
- Strong understanding of system security and data protection
- Excellent problem-solving and collaboration skills
- Bachelor’s in computer science or related field
Nice to have:
- Experience implementing real time security monitoring solutions
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure including networking, access control, IaaS, and SIEM tools
- Master degree focused on computer and systems security
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA), AWS Certified DevOps Engineer, or other relevant certifications
The salary range for this position is $65,000 USD to $400,000 USD annually. This salary range is an estimate, and the actual salary may vary based on the Company's compensation practices.
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Applicants will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal and state law. Applicants should be aware that for external-facing roles that involve close contact with Company employees or other third parties on the Company's premises, accommodations that involve remaining unvaccinated against COVID-19 may not be deemed reasonable. The Company will engage in the interactive process on an individualized basis taking into account the particular position.
Applied Intuition is an equal opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor. Consequently, the parties agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and that these laws are incorporated herein by reference. These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. These regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. The parties also agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of Executive Order 13496 (29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A), relating to the notice of employee rights under federal labor laws.