People Operations HRBP
About Applied Intuition
Applied Intuition is a vehicle software supplier that accelerates the adoption of safe and intelligent machines worldwide. Founded in 2017, Applied Intuition provides a simulation and validation platform for various industries such as automotive, trucking, construction, and more. 18 of the top 20 global automakers rely on Applied Intuition’s solutions to shorten development cycles, deliver high-quality systems, and accelerate the production of modern vehicles with confidence. Applied Intuition is headquartered in Mountain View, CA, with offices in Ann Arbor, MI, Washington, DC, Munich, Stockholm, Seoul, and Tokyo. Learn more at https://applied.co.
Please note that we are an in-office company, which means the expectation is that you would come in to your Applied Intuition office 5 days a week.
About the role
This is a unique strategic opportunity for an experienced People Ops Business Partner to lead various human resources initiatives, shape the culture, and help build the People Operations team from the ground up. The role will require a high degree of self-sufficiency but we’re also looking for someone who enjoys being part of a supportive team dedicated to providing the best employee experience and developing a world-class organization. This is a generalist role touching on several core HR functions including business partnership, performance management, and organizational optimization.
At Applied Intuition, you will:
- Use periodic evaluations and frequent touch-points to identify individual, team, and manager development needs, make recommendations, and partner closely with managers to implement strategies that measurably improve performance, engagement, satisfaction and retention
- Provide guidance and leadership in the following areas: total rewards, leveling, employee engagement and culture development, organizational design, change management, employee communications, and people development
- Own the entire employee lifecycle for performance management to development to advancement
- Execute on other People or general operations responsibilities as required by the People team on an ad-hoc basis
We're looking for someone who has:
- 4+ years of progressive experience in human resources functions in a high-growth tech environment
- High level of both IQ and EQ
- Hands-on operational leadership experience building people programs and thorough knowledge of HR procedures and policies
- Exceptional project management skills with a demonstrated track record of delivering high-quality results in a fast-paced and complex business environment
Nice to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in Human Resources, Organization Psychology, or related field
- Experience building teams in a high growth technology company
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to organize and analyze data
- Experience directly supporting senior leaders, influencing leaders to make better people decisions that improve performance and satisfaction
The salary range for this position is $65,000 USD to $400,000 USD annually. This salary range is an estimate, and the actual salary may vary based on the Company's compensation practices.
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Applicants will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal and state law. Applicants should be aware that for external-facing roles that involve close contact with Company employees or other third parties on the Company's premises, accommodations that involve remaining unvaccinated against COVID-19 may not be deemed reasonable. The Company will engage in the interactive process on an individualized basis taking into account the particular position.
Applied Intuition is an equal opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor. Consequently, the parties agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and that these laws are incorporated herein by reference. These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. These regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. The parties also agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of Executive Order 13496 (29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A), relating to the notice of employee rights under federal labor laws.