Senior Software Engineer
About Applied Intuition
Applied Intuition is a vehicle software supplier that accelerates the adoption of safe and intelligent machines worldwide. Founded in 2017, Applied Intuition provides a simulation and validation platform for various industries such as automotive, trucking, construction, and more. 18 of the top 20 global automakers rely on Applied Intuition’s solutions to shorten development cycles, deliver high-quality systems, and accelerate the production of modern vehicles with confidence. Applied Intuition is headquartered in Mountain View, CA, with offices in Ann Arbor, MI, Washington, DC, Munich, Stockholm, Seoul, and Tokyo. Learn more at https://applied.co.
Please note that we are an in-office company, which means the expectation is that you would come in to your Applied Intuition office 5 days a week.
About the role
- Design and implement software, using numerical methods in Python and C++ to render, visualize, modify, and generally interact with machine descriptions of autonomous machines for simulation purposes.
- Mentor junior engineers in design and implementation of software.
- Communicate with engineers at client companies regarding their toolchains.
- Design abstractions and implementations of those abstractions that allow their software to be used in many different ways without undue burden on the users.
- Debug and fix various software bugs in the codebase.
- Help maintain and update tests to ensure high code quality.
- Help set high quality expectations for code, through software best practices, testing guidelines, and designing future-proof systems.
We're looking for someone who has:
- Must have a Master Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Robotics, or similar
- 1 year of experience as a Software Engineer for an autonomous vehicle company
- 1 year of experience using Python, C++, Bash, Unreal Engine, ROS, Docker, Algoryx, and PhysX
The salary range for this position is $184,662 - $220,653 per year USD annually.
Please e-mail resumes to Applied Intuition, Inc., Attn. Eitan Sheer, Recruiting Manager, e-mail: email@example.com.
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Applicants will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal and state law. Applicants should be aware that for external-facing roles that involve close contact with Company employees or other third parties on the Company's premises, accommodations that involve remaining unvaccinated against COVID-19 may not be deemed reasonable. The Company will engage in the interactive process on an individualized basis taking into account the particular position.
Applied Intuition is an equal opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor. Consequently, the parties agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and that these laws are incorporated herein by reference. These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. These regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. The parties also agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of Executive Order 13496 (29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A), relating to the notice of employee rights under federal labor laws.