Principal Software Engineer (Redwood City)
Redwood City, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2023
Anomali delivers earlier detection and identification of adversaries in your organization’s network by making it possible to correlate tens of millions of threat indicators against your real time network activity logs and up to a year or more of forensic log data. Anomali’s approach enables detection at every point along the kill chain, making it possible to mitigate threats before any material damage to your organization has occurred.
• Design, architect and implement complex software and framework to deliver security analytics features primarily in SaaS and as needed in the Virtual Appliance form factors.
• Defines best practices for SaaS development to release and deliver complex functionality in a controlled and methodical manner with minimal impact to the customers
• Influence and shape the future products by contributing to the architecture/ framework across multiple product lines
• Evaluate and recommend technology solutions to meet scalability and growth targets, create prototypes, create and carry out phased development and deployment plans.
• Lead a team software engineers in a cross functional environment to deliver on complex projects
• Lead engineering efforts on customer issues, identify the root cause and deliver solution with high quality in a timely manner
• Execute with agility in a fast paced environment
• BSc/BEng/MSc/ in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience in lieu of degree
• 10+ years of software development experience with 5+ years in the distributed system environment
• Proficient with Python, Java, C/C++ or another modern OOP language used for scalable distributed system backend development.
• Experience with relational databases such as PostgreSQL, cache such as Redis, message bus such as RabbitMQ etc.
• Data analytics pipeline development for structured/semi-structured/unstructured data (security analytics preferred)
• Cloud native development experience in any of AWS, GCP, Azure (AWS Preferred).
• Experience delivering software with observability baked into the system including creation of observability dashboard, metrics, alerts etc in tools such as NewRelic, Splunk, DataDog, etc.
• Experience with enterprise security products, such as SIEMs, Proxies, Content-Aware Firewalls, IDS/IPS, host monitoring systems, etc. is a plus
• Python framework (Django, Flask, DRF etc.)
Equal Opportunities Monitoring
It is our policy to ensure that all eligible persons have equal opportunity for employment and advancement on the basis of their ability, qualifications and aptitude. We select those suitable for appointment solely on the basis of merit without regard to an individual's disability, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or status as a protected veteran. Monitoring is carried out to ensure that our equal opportunity policy is effectively implemented.
$170,000 - $190,000 USD
Please note that the annual base salary range is a guideline and, for candidates who receive an offer, the base pay will vary based on factors such as work location, as well as, knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to base pay, this position is eligible for benefits, and may be eligible for equity.