Guidance, Navigation and Control Engineer
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
At Anduril Australia we are developing un-crewed maritime and air domain systems that leverage unsupervised autonomy for the delivery of long endurance, multi-mission capability to our customers. These projects, including but not limited to the Extra Large Autonomous Undersea Vehicle (XL-AUV) Program, require GNC Engineers with deep robotics experience to architect and deliver Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC) sub-systems. The Guidance Navigation and Control Engineer strives to leverage their experience with GNC to rapidly architect, design, deliver, support, and evolve next generation autonomous vehicles through the entire product life-cycle.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead architecture selection, design and implementation for Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GNC) sub-systems and control schemes for autonomous robotic platforms
- Integrate technology from best-in-class third-party vendors, local research and development partners, and Anduril’s internal product teams
- Contribute to the design and development of other embedded sub-systems.
- Develop real-time embedded software using a RTOS
- Create test and simulation fixtures that operate with both software- and hardware-in-the-loop
- Develop modeling and simulation capabilities that capture appropriate data during testing so that models can be updated and validated
- Analyse test data captured from control systems, subsystems, and other test instrumentation to verify vehicle performance, evaluate GNC algorithm and controller behavior, or debug incidents
- Drive light-weight root cause analyses for vehicle anomalies or incidents that are tied to GNC responsibilities
- Support vehicle manufacturing and deployment
- Work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team, including as a mentor for Software and Hardware Engineers from differing backgrounds
- Bachelor’s degree in Robotics, Mechatronics, Computer Science, Engineering, a relevant field, or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience (at least 6 years) with development of high assurance safety critical GNC software, including cascading controls, adaptive controls, and transfer functions
- Systems programming skills including algorithms, data structures, concurrency and optimization
- Extensive experience with MATLAB and Simulink.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an Australian Government Security Clearance
- Familiarity with communications busses and protocols such as CAN, CANFD, ARINC-825, ARINC-429, MIL-STD-1553, UART/RS232/RS422/RS485, SPI, QSPI, I2C, Ethernet, etc
- Experience writing C and/or C++
- Experience troubleshooting and analyzing remotely deployed software systems
- Experience working with and testing electrical and mechanical systems
- Experience with DO-178 or similar certifications
- Familiarity with open source control software such as PX4, ArduPilot, or ROS
- Experience with RTOS
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers; and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and Paid Time Off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians, and all on-site meals fully subsidized during the work week with gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!