Platform - Senior Software Engineer
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Mission Control team.
The Software Platform team at Anduril maintains the core platform technologies used to power Lattice, Anduril’s Command & Control Platform used to enable a diverse set of missions across our portfolio of business lines including solutions for Counter UAS, Counter Intrusion and other use cases critically important for the DoD. Lattice consists of core technologies that are built to deploy in a range of configurations from more traditional cloud based deployment targets to more constrained edge devices (eg: Dive-LD, Ghost and other robots). Our goal is to provide a robust suite of software that can be tailored to meet the needs of a wide variety of mission applications.
As a Software Engineer, you will be working alongside a team of engineers with a diverse set of backgrounds and skills. Anduril has a collaborative culture with plenty of opportunities for ownership. As an early member of the team, your decisions today will have a large impact on the company now and into the future, as well as on our customers!
- Be responsible for the full lifecycle development of software products from problem discovery to solution delivery
- Maintain contextual awareness of technical architecture within your engineering group in order to advise and guide design decisions across the group
- Maintain relationships with delivery teams or other engineering teams (software and hardware!) who use your software products in order to respond and adapt quickly to new missions and use cases
- Mentor and coach other engineers to be well equipped to step into owning parts of the full software engineering lifecycle
- Define what great looks like with regards to software engineering practices
- Balance short term tensions from the business against long term product vision and roadmap
- Strong engineering background from industry or school, ideally in areas/fields such as Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics.
- Experience building software solutions involving significant amounts of data processing and analysis
- Ability to quickly understand and navigate complex systems and established code bases
- A desire to work on critical software that has a real-world impact
- Must be a U.S. Person because of required access to U.S. export controlled information
- Bias towards delivery and iteration, in order to discover the right use cases to invest engineering time in
- Willing to take risks and own the accountability for managing those risks
- Strong spike in a particular technical area, be it a specific language (we primarily rely on C++, Golang, Typescript and Python), system design (we build distributed and robotics systems), or prototyping (move insanely fast to discover the right product together with users)
- Passionate about solving real world problems, quickly
- Insatiable desire to build and create
- Has designed, built, delivered useful software to users multiple times, we want to hear war stories!
- Platinum Benefits: We offer top tier platinum coverage (medical, dental, vision, life) and cover premiums for you and your dependents.
- 16 Weeks paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Family planning: We’re proud to offer comprehensive family planning support. Fertility planning and treatment, adoption support, gestational carrier support and fertility preservation are all included.
- Unlimited Provisions: From breakfast to dinner, our kitchen team has you covered with healthy meals and snacks at every office.
- Commuter benefits
- Relocation assistance
- Paid Time Off
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers; and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and Paid Time Off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians, and all on-site meals fully subsidized during the work week with gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!