Technical Operations Engineer - C2
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
WHY WE’RE HERE
The C2 Systems Technical Operations Engineering team is looking for a technical operations engineer with the skills to adeptly prepare, execute, and provides unwavering support for intricate product installations within highly secure environments.
As a member of the C2 Systems Technical Operations Engineering team, you will serve as a bridge between the product engineering and deployment operations organizations. You will be expected to practice extreme ownership of all dependencies to ensure that Anduril’s growing suite of highly integrated hardware-software capabilities achieve total mission success in all environments.
To this end, you will work alongside a product development team where you will leverage your operations and engineering experience to shape and deploy a solution of maximum effectiveness and reliability. Your scope will vary between products but can include focus areas as disparate as:
- Reliability engineering
- Deployment at scale
- Incident triage and root-cause analysis
- Software tooling and user-experience improvements
- Pre-deployment testing and configuration
- Workflow automation, and development of acceptance test procedures
In addition, you will be a core participant in customer demonstrations, events, and early deployments Anduril’s integrated C2 products. The knowledge you gain in these deployments will inform product development efforts and allow you to instruct others on the deployment and operation of the product.
Technical Operation Engineering team members are expected to be deeply familiar with Anduril’s joint all domain command and control (JADC2) offerings and will holistically support end-to-end customer success.
- California based; comfortable working with a distributed team
- Extensive hands-on (field operations, systems administration) technical experience
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems in unstructured situations at the interface of hardware, software, and operations in pursuit of mission success
- Experience working with cross-functional engineering teams and external customers; demonstrated ability to collect differing opinions and reconcile them in order to achieve agreement on what ‘right’ looks like
- Experience performing data-driven root cause analysis on complex systems
- Demonstrated ability to train peers or customers on the operation of a product
- Experience working within Linux based operating systems
- Up to 50% travel, to include travel to remote and/or austere environments for up to 1 month at a time
- Experience overcoming intricate software complexities to deliver successful outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a technical subject matter expert on the setup, maintenance and sustainment of complex hardware systems in DoD or commercial environments
- Independently execute basic maintenance and hardware component swap operations should systems or subsystems fail; travel to customer deployment sites with limited notice to fix critical system failures
- Knowledge of commercial satellite communication pathways and associated equipment
- Ability to logically troubleshoot RF communications equipment and network systems
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance
WHAT WE VALUE IN THIS ROLE
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, or a related technical field
- Hold a DoD 8570 IAT Level 1 or 2 certification
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Experience installing, sustaining, and troubleshooting data systems for DoD or otherwise sensitive customers
- Familiarity with DoD-managed network enclaves (NIPR, SIPR, etc.)
- Military service background
- Experience with military voice and data line-of-sight and beyond-line-of-sight communications capabilities, to include but not limited to HF, VHF, and UHF
- Familiarity with the operation, configuration, and maintenance of currently-fielded military transceivers and receivers used in tactical and non-tactical environments
- Understanding and skill to configure and maintain a wide variety of Type I encryption devices
- Technical expertise in computer networking, to include understanding of hardware and software interconnection
- Platinum Benefits: We offer top tier platinum coverage (medical, dental, vision, life) and cover 100 percent of the premiums for you.
- 16 Weeks paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Family planning: We’re proud to offer comprehensive family planning support. Fertility planning and treatment, adoption support, gestational carrier support and fertility preservation are all included.
- Unlimited Provisions: From breakfast to dinner, our kitchen team has you covered with healthy meals and snacks at every office.
- Commuter benefits depending on region
- Relocation assistance
- Unlimited and Incentivized Time Off
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers; and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and Paid Time Off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians, and all on-site meals fully subsidized during the work week with gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!