Platform - Staff Software Engineer
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
The Software Platform team at Anduril maintains the core platform technologies used to power Lattice, Anduril’s Command & Control Platform used to enable a diverse set of missions across our portfolio of business lines including solutions for Counter UAS, Counter Intrusion and other use cases critically important for the DoD. Lattice consists of core technologies that are built to deploy in a range of configurations from more traditional cloud based deployment targets to more constrained edge devices (eg: Dive-LD, Ghost and other robots). Our goal is to provide a robust suite of software that can be tailored to meet the needs of a wide variety of mission applications.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will be working alongside a team of engineers with a diverse set of backgrounds and skills. Anduril has a collaborative culture with plenty of opportunities for ownership. As an early member of the team, your decisions today will have a large impact on the company now and into the future, as well as on our customers!
The ideal candidate will be a proven technical leader who can influence our organization to make the right decisions, demonstrate customer empathy, build trust with partners, mentor teammates, and transform culture within the team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead high-impact projects through requirements analysis, design, and execution.
- Provide technical leadership across a group of 15-25 software engineers.
- Design and develop complex distributed software services and APIs that operate in non-traditional networking environments.
- Work with partner teams to understand problems, identify opportunities, and build consensus.
- Deliver well architected systems through clear interfaces across components, code reviews, design reviews and modern software engineering practices.
- Champion test-ability, portability, monitoring, scalability, reliability, and maintainability as core parts of software delivery.
- Gain a working understanding of Anduril’s business lines and collaborate with leaders to build cohesive, end-to-end experiences for our users.
- Communicate effectively to plan, execute and deliver results across multiple teams and functions.
- Be an advocate for excellent engineering culture across the team.
- Mentor and coach engineers in the team to help them achieve their results and grow their career.
- Work on a modern tech stack involving Go services, React web apps, and distributed key value stores.
We have opportunities with our teams that focus on fields that include, but not limited to:
- Distributed systems (eg, contested networks, intermittent connectivity)
- Embedded computing (eg, robotics applications and sensor fusion)
- Robotics (eg, control systems and tasking)
- Networking (eg, tactical data link integrations, mesh networking)
- Deployment infrastructure (eg, air-gapped devices and heterogeneous fleets)
- Simulation (eg, physics, effects, and mission level simulation)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or related technical discipline (OR equivalent experience.)
- 5+ years of experience working on complex distributed software services and APIs that operate in nontraditional network environments.
- Familiarity with algorithms, data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, Linux systems, and other technical tools.
- Experience in distributed key value stores or relational databases.
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data.
WHAT WE VALUE IN SOFTWARE PLATFORM - Nice to haves
- Technical expertise in areas of:
- C++, Golang, Rust, Typescript, and/or Python
- Distributed and robotics systems
- Container and cloud-native architectures (eg, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS)
- Time series and relational database systems
- Hardware interfaces (eg, ardu-pilot)
- ML applications (eg, edge deployed computer vision)
- Have a bias for action. You have a track record of solving a problem if you see one.
- Be naturally curious about the technologies and tools you use.
- Have a point-of-view, but operate with low-ego
- Willing to take risks and own the accountability for managing those risks
- Passionate about solving real world problems, quickly
- Insatiable desire to build and create
- Has designed, built, delivered useful software to users multiple times, we want to hear war stories!
- Active TS/SCI clearance helpful but not required.
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers; and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and Paid Time Off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians, and all on-site meals fully subsidized during the work week with gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!