C++ Software Engineer - Systems and Build, Imaging
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Anduril Imaging team develops state-of-the-art infrared imaging systems, deployed to tackle the most significant security challenges of America and its allies. We are seeking a talented and motivated C++ Software Engineer to join our team. As C++ Software Engineer at Anduril, you will play a pivotal role in defining, developing, and maintaining the key software infrastructure components that enable our system to operate reliably, securely, and at scale. You will contribute to real-time processing code development and be responsible for improving and maintaining the build system.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Improve and maintain build and dependency-management systems across multiple repositories using CMake, Nix and Conan
- Develop new features and refactor existing C++ code for maintainability, testability, and performance
- Help define and implement deployment processes for embedded systems using NixOS
- Jump into and understand a large codebase
- Contribute to real-time image processing software development using C++
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team on challenging problems in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Ability to develop and maintain a software Build & Release infrastructure
- Experience with embedded Linux systems development
- Professional experience in software development
- Proficiency with C++, GIT, scripting in python/bash and familiarity with CMake
- Team-player, self-motivated, driven, organized
- Travel expected approximately 10% of the time for testing
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S. TS clearance
- Prior experience with Build & Release engineering
- Expertise in Nix, NixOS and using Nix to improve system development
- Strong background using Linux, managing Linux distributions, and embedded Linux.
- Familiarity with hardware-accelerated compute pipelines (GPUs, ML accelerators, DSPs, etc.)
- Experience troubleshooting and analyzing remotely deployed software systems
- Top tier Platinum coverage for medical, dental, vision, and life
- Flexible paid time off vacation policy
- Free food options including breakfast, lunch, coffee and beverage options, snacks, and more
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Family planning support - fertility planning and treatment, adoption support, gestational carrier support and fertility preservation are all included
- Free mental health resources including therapy, life coaching, and more
- An annual stipend to use for continuing education courses, programs, conferences, or certification tests
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers; and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and Paid Time Off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians, and all on-site meals fully subsidized during the work week with gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!