Test and Release Engineer, Ghost
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
We are looking to bring on a DevOps engineer to build a CI/CD process and augmented testing framework for the Robotics team. This person will work with a team that will develop processes & tools that allow Anduril to develop and release safety critical systems quickly and reliably. A strong DevOps engineer will have a proven track record of developing CI/CD pipelines and a background in development, operations, and full-stack implementations, both on-device and in the cloud.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop and implement robust DevOps strategies, practices, and tools.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate DevOps best practices into the software development lifecycle.
- Work directly with one or two teams including our Ghost product to create a release pipeline infrastructure.
- Design, deploy, and manage automated testing and deployment processes.
- Establish and maintain continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines.
- Provide expertise in containerization and orchestration technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes).
- Implement and manage infrastructure as code (IaC) using tools such as Terraform or Ansible, etc.
- Drive the adoption of CI/CD by creating reliable process automation pertinent to each product and business line.
- Monitor and enhance system reliability, performance, and security through the use of metrics.
- Evaluate emerging technologies to ensure the team stays current with industry trends.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Proven experience in a DevOps role, demonstrating leadership and innovation.
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Python, Bash, or PowerShell.
- Strong expertise in CI/CD tools (e.g., Jenkins, GitLab CI, Travis CI, Circle CI).
- In-depth knowledge of version control systems (e.g., Git, SVN).
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g., Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Ansible).
- Demonstrated proficiency in containerization and orchestration.
- Hands-on experience with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Solid understanding of networking, security, and system administration.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- Certifications such as AWS Certified DevOps Engineer, Docker Certified Associate, or Kubernetes Administrator.
- Experience with Nix/NixOS.
- Experience implementing automated testing frameworks in a hardware-in-the-loop (HITL) environment.
- Experience with microservice architecture.
- Familiarity with monitoring and logging tools (e.g., Prometheus, ELK stack).
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies.
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers; and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and Paid Time Off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians, and all on-site meals fully subsidized during the work week with gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!