Frontend Software Engineer
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril’s Land Systems team develops software for land-based manned and robotic ground systems, leveraging software infrastructure built by other teams at Anduril. The team is responsible for taking manned and unmanned ground vehicle (UGV) robots from paper sketches to operational systems. We are looking for software engineers and roboticists excited about creating meaningful human-robot interactions around behaviors and subjects such as computer vision, motion planning, SLAM, controls, estimation, secure communications, fleet management, and more.
We intend to hire a Frontend Software Engineer, Land Systems to join our team. We’re seeking creative, motivated, and passionate front-end engineers to support designing and building core user interfaces for existing vehicles and future next generation systems. In this role, you may will build upon components of our sensor fusion and common operating picture software baseline, as well as build new in-vehicle UX experiences. If you are excited about contributing to the UI at the intersection of cutting edge robotic systems, we want you on the team!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Support thoughtful definition of industry-best-practice safe and responsive in-vehicle UI experiences across Anduril
- Bring a willingness to learn new technologies in any area of the stack: UI, 3D Graphics, Rendering, Core, Protocol, Server.
- Gain a deep understanding of ground vehicle mission problems and how to leverage cutting edge commercial technology to improve them.
- Use first principles user-oriented thinking to build software that serves as soldiers’ first touch points in interacting with their vehicle.
- Work across the team to design and build responsive and dynamic in-vehicle UXs to support core vehicle workflows including cross-formation situational awareness and operation, UAS and sensor management, and onboard CUAS.
- Work closely with a cross-functional team including program managers, combat system subject matter experts, tracking and sensor fusion engineers, UX designers, etc. to build Anduril’s first product in this space.
- Attend and enable success at ‘Soldier Touch Points’ (STPs) where we learn and iterate against our visual and software design.
- Design, build, and deliver full user experiences for combat systems, delivering useful solutions to users spanning engineering, analysis, mission operations, and maintenance.
- High ownership and autonomy across the end-to-end lifecycle of UI / UX design and implementation.
- Experience building scalable and responsive web-based user interfaces.
- Experience working with Typescript and React or similar libraries.
- Ability to empathize with end-users, to turn needs into features, and to balance user experience with engineering constraints to deliver full solutions.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Operations Research, or related technical degree
- Experience building human machine interfaces for robotic systems.
- Experience working on frontend applications with data-intensive or map-based systems.
- Familiarity with infotainment systems or other types of vehicle systems; background in either commercial auto OEMs (including ‘non-traditional’ - Tesla, Rivian, etc.) or defense vehicle makers.
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers; and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and Paid Time Off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians, and all on-site meals fully subsidized during the work week with gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!